- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 762 KB
- Print Length: 277 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009NVH76M
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#791,050 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #328 in Kindle Store > Books > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Futuristic
- #835 in Kindle Store > Books > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- #1006 in Books > Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Science Fiction & Fantasy
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£8.11|
Save £5.05 (62%)
Beyond the New Frontier: An Alternate History Novel Kindle Edition
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Excellent story - I couldn't get enough. Stayed up 'til 3:30am to finish. I'll look for more books by Cliff Ball.
For all of these reasons and the fact of all the research study he must have had to do to write this ebook I am giving this ebook five stars. Great work Cliff! By Angela
The book is full of clichees about liberal conspiracies to destroy America, and for me that ruined the suspension of disbelief. One can entertain (and more than that, find stimulating) speculative ideas like time travel, faster than light travel, certain alternate histories, but some aspects of this book strain credulity too far. Having a super-hero president like McBride is inconceivable in a country where presidential campaigns cost billions. Just like the other flat characters, McBride doesn’t undergo significant character development. As far as the strawmen presented as antagonists, the less said the better.
I do think it is good for people to exercise their creative imagination, and there is a certain consistency in this book’s universe. I would probably have given it more stars were I a young teen with little knowledge of the historical context. Last time I wrote any sci-fi fiction was in a creative writing class in high school, and though I got an A for it, and it was objectively worse than this.
So I would give it 2 stars for the effort and imagination, and making the story interesting enough and suspenseful enough for me to read to the end even though politically I am at the opposite end of the spectrum from the author.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Historical
- Books > Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alternative History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Futuristic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alternative History