- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Beyond Loss: Dementia, Identity, Personhood Hardcover – 10 Jul 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fortunately, the cumulative effect of reading this volume is clarified insight into the needs and personhood of persons with dementia, and a new appreciation of what family-centered clinical research on dementia hopes to accomplish. (Metapsychology Online Reviews)
About the Author
Lars-Christer Hydén is Professor of Social Psychology at Linköping University. His research primarily concerns how people with Alzheimer's disease and their significant others interact and use language - especially narrative - as a way to sustain and negotiate identity and a sense of self. Hilde Lindemann is Professor of Philosophy at Michigan State University. A former president of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities and a Fellow of the Hastings Center, her published work includes Damaged Identities, Narrative Repair; An Invitation to Feminist Ethics; and Holding and Letting Go: The Social Practice of Personal Identities. Jens Brockmeier is Professor of Psychology at The American University of Paris. With a background in psychology, philosophy, and language studies, his interests are in issues of memory, identity, and the autobiographical process, which he has examined in a variety of cultural contexts and under conditions of health and illness.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy