Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 16 March 2011
I ordered this collection after hearing a BBC Radio 4 programme with Matthew Sweeney about poems written in response to mental illness. Having grappled with emotional problems for some time, I found the poems very powerful and healing to read. And I loved the fact that they were so well written. I think that often we read poetry to help us understand life and this collection has certainly proved illuminating for me.
on 9 December 2008
A wonderful idea by the junior doctors who thought of it.
A good anthology with some great poems.
on 7 February 2009
I had an idea what to expect as I had found out about the book through word of mouth... The poems are written by people with mental health problems or experience of mental health...

Some of these poems, as expected, can be quite depressing but, if you read them carefully it really helps give an insight into how the mind of a depressive or in some cases a psychotic works, feels and behaves...

I myself have suffered from depression as have many others, some will admit it and seek the relative help, others are still afraid to - why? Have a read of this and see another side to the story of mental health!