Beyond Add: Hunting for Reasons in the Past and Present Paperback – 20 Aug 1996
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Author
Particular emphasis on our educational system
While this book is probably the most wide-ranging I've written on ADHD, it also goes deepest into what's wrong with our educational system, how it got that way, and what we can do about it. This was my favorite ADHD book to write and, while it's not a "self-help" book like "Success Stories" or "Healing ADD," many people have told me it's the most thought-provoking and has the greatest potential for transformation of the ways we treat ADHD children and adults, both in schools and the world at large.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The explanations are detailed, well written and easy to read. Recommend this book for anyone, if they want to really understand ADD.
This book has a special ability to make a non-ADD person empathize with the behavioral aspects of an ADD person.
1) Education is conditioning and is particularly hostile to children with ADD.
2) ADD is now an industry with victimization and illness now fashionable.
3) The industrialized world provides an environment particularly challenging for people with ADD for reasons such as lack of exercise, lack of exposure to sunlight and too much television.
This review appeared in the Annotated Bibliography of Learning A Living, A Guide to Planning Your Career and Finding A Job for People with Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Disorder and Dyslexia
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Special Needs
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational