Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 25 November 2013
This was my first venture into drabbles and I'm glad I bought it. What I was impressed with the most was the flow of the writing, everything gelled together seamlessly and I whizzed through the book in one sitting but found myself going back to re-read a few favourites. I have no doubt I'll be dipping into it again in the near future as well. It contains some fantastic writing as well as being perfectly formatted for the Kindle.
on 12 December 2013
I tried to write this review using 100 words and not only did it prove impossible it brought home to me the degree of writing and language skills required to compose a drabble. The true gift is the ability to make the reader laugh, sigh and on more than one occasion read the story then exclaim aloud WOW! Immediately flicking back to enjoy it all over again.
I especially loved the collaborative stories appreciating the merging of writing skills which managed to produce such a cohesive tale.
These concise works are ideal for reading when time is at a premium although you may, like me find yourself still thinking about them long after you have finished reading.
on 24 November 2013
I started this with the intention of reading just a few of the drabbles but was soon hooked and before I realised was half way through the book! There are over 100 totally different drabbles and each one is as good as the next. I love the very unique challenges in some of them where one author starts and the other author finished, often taking the drabble in a totally different direction to the one I expected it to go.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone, but especially those who love a bit of variety in their reading. You will experience every emotion going as you work your way through the book, and I can't wait to read more by both authors.
on 3 December 2013
I'm a huge fan of drabbles, I love writing them and I love reading them. For those of you that don't know a drabble is a story that is exactly 100 words long, not including the title. As such their good for a quick story fix, but I don't hold with this dipping in and out business and devoured all of them in two sittings :-)

When I reviewed Jonathan Hill's previous collection (100 One Hundred Word Tales) I commented on how Jonathan Hill is a master of the drabble form and that prowess continues with this collection. This time he is joined by Kath Middleton, a relative newcomer to the scene. It's a testament to her own ability that you don't notice a difference in quality between the two of them.

There's a hundred drabbles in this collection to read and they cover a very wide range of topics and themes. There's some sad ones, some nasty ones, some fun ones, in truth there's a little bit for everyone. A common theme through many of them is the twist in the tale, many good drabbles lead you in one direction and then turn it on it's head with the final line.

All are very well written and I enjoyed reading them immensely, the rich variety meant that the next one teased me with something new, hence not dipping in and out of them :-) It's great to see the form receiving quality releases like this, highly recommended.
on 30 December 2013
I planned to read this book over Christmas, dipping in to it now and again. That proved impossible!
Although most of the drabbles are unrelated, I found it difficult to stop reading because these punchy short stories are so addictive. Each one is very different; funny, thought-provoking or sinister. Some end with a twist, some are simply twisted!
I enjoyed them all. Not sure what that says about me!
on 29 January 2014
Co-authored by Kath Middleton, who wrote Ravenfold. An exciting duo and fascinating tales. A good laugh in many cases and interesting figuring out who wrote which part (before reading the info). Well done
on 19 December 2013
Read this at two sittings - easy to dip into, hard not to keep turning pages. Some funny, many disturbing, very clever literary challenges.