on 27 August 2016
Unlike most of the other reviewers I'm not a Fripp fan, I'm here to listen to Andy Summers. So I bought their first album soon after release, but this one was much harder to track down.

So listening some 30+ years after it was made, yes some of the sounds are a bit crude, but they are not unpleasant, less of the jarring discords of 'I advance', and a much more up tempo set of tunes.

Police nutters like me will recognise the title track from it's appearance on the first Police video Around the World (entitled 'Light Changes' there) the album is a must just for this track, it clearly comes out of the Zenyatta recordings which I feel was the best Police sessions, the band was established, but Sting was not yet in total control.

The first 5 tracks have minimal Fripper content, and for me they are the best. The latter tracks are less appealing.

Overall a much more listenable album than 'I Advance Masked' and builds on Summers song 'Behind my Camel' that won a Grammy.
on 5 October 2007
I bought this yonks back when it first came out on LP. Not very keen on side one, apart from the last track, which means this CD starts at track 4, Train, and from then on delivers a sublime soundscape of eerily wonderful fuzzy guitar loops and percussion. This latter set of tracks is not marred by any heavy intrusions of excessive guitar axing, but is a perfect example of what Fripp can eke out of his sound set-up when not trying to mangle the listener's brain. I love it, and it's still one of my most-played albums. If you like the softer side of Fripp, you'll love the last six tracks on this CD. Mesmerising!