- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Tauris Parke Paperbacks (23 July 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1850434042
- ISBN-13: 978-1850434047
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.7 x 20 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,698,374 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Between Sea and Sahara: An Orientalist Adventure (Tauris Parke Paperbacks) Paperback – 23 Jul 2004
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Eugene Fromentin (1820-1876), writer and artist, was one of the great Orientalist painters. He was greatly inspired by his time in North Africa, and is the author of the classic novel, Dominique. Sarah Anderson is the founder of Notting Hill's much-loved Travel Bookshop. As well as writing travel articles and book reviews, she is the author of Anderson's Travel Companion, the Virago Book of Spirituality and Inside Notting Hill and is currently working on an autobiography. In 1999 she was a judge for the Whitbread Biography prize and the Shiva Naipaul essay prize and has been a judge for the Thomas Cook Travel Book Award several times.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > Middle East
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Africa > Algeria
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Middle East
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Speciality Travel > Adventure
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Travel Writing