- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Between Marx and Coca-Cola: Youth Cultures in Changing European Societies, 1960-1980 Paperback – 15 Dec 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
.".".This collection...will be extremely helpful for all those researching and teaching socio-political change in Europe during and after the 1960s. It is particularly welcome as the book's focus on West Germany and Scandinavia covers precisely the most significant geographical omission in Arthur Marwick's The Sixties...a fascinating and innovative collection. It successfully conveys the competing and - at times - complementary pressures of political radicalization and the new consumerism during this stressful and exhilarating period of change." ."Journal of Contemporary History
.".".undergraduates who purchase this book will not sell it back to the bookstore at the end of the semester. It is thoroughly readable and the translations and writings of non-native English speakers flow very well. It is also engaging and thought-provoking, with something to offer everyone, from the college student activist to the expert on youth culture and rebellion...In an impressive display of thematic unity for an edited volume, the authors' contributions are in dialogue with one another...the volume is one of the year's best books...By demonstrating the varying aspects of youth movements in different national settings, this volume takes the reader far beyond the parts of its whole."."H-German"
From the Publisher
1. wide range of scholarly perspectives on Northern and Western European Societies
2. respected scholars from six countries
3. connecting consumer culture and politics --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > World History > Post-war Period, 1946-Present
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural