on 20 February 2016
Absolutely loved it! Katie Parker from Sunny Haven Home For Girls becomes the foster child of a smalltown preacher and his wife. She is a delight. The book is light, humerous and a good dash of Christianity does it no harm at all. Bought the next book before I'd finished the first one and, unfortunately, before I realised there was a box set.
on 11 January 2015
Loved this book. I laughed out loud on several occasions and felt for the heroine despite the fact that she's 16 and I am in my late 40s. This has got to mean one thing: superb writing! I am actually going to recommend this author to my daughter. She is 9.5 but was born a teen! There is nothing offensive in the book but it is quite didactic in a gentle way. Finally it is good to find a book that promotes Christian values without going overboard.
on 18 September 2014
This is the first time I have read this authors work and have to say I found it a pleasant and easy read. About a young girl in the foster system who is sent to live with a pastor and his wife (she did not know they were church people) but little did she know they had troubles and woes of their own. Good read give it a go
on 27 August 2017
To be honest I really struggled with this book. One of those reads where you want to just bin but can't help but carry on. However when I got to the end and found it continues on I decided I can't go on😖
on 16 January 2017
Great read,really loved all the different characters(especially Maxine). Couldn't stop reading,so read in one go and cried a few times,which always shows great writing skills for me.Thank you,can't wait to read the next book.
on 12 July 2017
The characters were easy to like. It is a light hearted read. And I did have laugh out loud moments.
on 4 June 2017
It's a nice and easy read with lots of funny parts. The grandma reminds me of the grandma from David Williams gangsta granny.
on 3 March 2017
Good easy reading lovely story line. Katie parker brings the book to real life with fun and expressive thoughts. Recommend this book
on 30 July 2017
Arrived quickly looks good haven't read it yet
on 7 April 2017
A cracking good read, not what I expected at all. I couldn't put in down. Thumbs up all round. Looking forward to reading the next one.