Between Friends: The Correspondence of Hannah Arendt and Mary Mccarthy, 1949-1975 Hardcover – 26 Jan 1996
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I had the sense very much of both of these friends wanting very much to stay friends and to compliment and help each other. They clearly do this throughout the work, and the Letters certainly give strong evidence of value of such a friendship to both of them.
I would only add that I somehow expected them to be more interesting intellectually than I found them to be. Nothing in them comes close to the greatness of writing which is often present in Arendt's best work.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Biography > Novelists, Poets & Playwrights
- Books > Biography > Political > Countries & Regions
- Books > Biography > Political > United States
- Books > Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism > Novels & Novelists
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy