- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)
|Price:||£26.98 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Fight for survival against terrors of the outside world, radiation, and mutants after nuclear fallout
- Latest in human ability simulation affords unlimited customization of characters
- Expansive world in modern super-deluxe HD graphics
- Features ability to pause time in combat, target specific body parts, and queue up attacks
- 1st- or 3rd-person perspective
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard Edition
Includes case and disc. Sorry there are no instruction manuals.
The third game in the Fallout series, Fallout 3 is a singleplayer action role-playing game (RPG) set in a post-apocalyptic Washington DC. Combining the horrific insanity of the Cold War era theory of mutually assured destruction gone terribly wrong, with the kitschy naivety of American 1950s nuclear propaganda, Fallout 3 will satisfy both players familiar with the popular first two games in its series as well as those coming to the franchise for the first time.
For 200 years, Vault 101 , a fallout shelter, has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom! Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views! The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice! Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast 'Em Away With V.A.T.S.! Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness! Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was worried at first, as while the graphics have dated reasonably well, the gameplay initially is quite slow. There's no sprinting and movement is a modest jog, particularly annoying if you're trying to outrun tough enemies when your character is weak in the early levels.
Once I got into it though I found in many ways I prefered it to FO4. For starters, I found the story better and builds up at a steadier pace and is particularly helped by the pregame events showing your life growing up in the vault. The game world in general has a more darker and isolated tone which seems to give it more appeal. The characters come across as being a bit more realistic as they're often being rude and curt.
The map was perfect for me as it's got a contrast between the open wastelands and the labyrinth-like ruined city that tests your navigation skills. Although many gamers may prefer bigger maps, I think this is about the right size, so you're not having to resort to fast travel to get places.
Overall this is a great game and it does help to see why some players have not have liked the change to a more cleaner game in the sequel. While FO4 is bigger and technically superior, FO3 manages to capture the atmosphere of the post-nuclear world a lot better and for that is still worth playing today.
Fallout 3 takes place in the year 2077, but not as you'd expect. Fallout 3 is set in a parallel universe where things are the same up until about the 1950's, which is where it all changed. In the Fallout universe, nuclear war broke out between the east and west and left the earth devastated.
In this post-apocalyptic universe you find yourself in an underground vault shielded from the radiation and key events in your childhood play out before you until your character becomes 16, when your father mysteriously leaves the vault (Vault 101) and you follow after him. This part of the game only lasts about half an hour and serves as a nice tutorial.
Upon exiting Vault 101 Fallout 3 certainly has the "WOW" factor. The plains of a post-nuclear Washington DC are set before you. You will find yourself looking around the local landscape a bit (which is very detailed and fun to explore) and then proceeding the the main quest (to find/save your father) or one of the many deep side quests.
The world in Fallout 3 is an "open-world", this means you can go anywhere and aren't restricted to pathways etc. (except for when in the capital of Washington -which is about 1/10 of the game world- where you are restricted a bit as many streets are blocked by rubble). As far as gameplay is concerned Fallout 3 is amazing, with the option of first or third person viewpoints and the ability to either play it like any other first person shooter or as a combination of first person shooting and use of the VATS system.
The VATS system is hard to explain, but lets say it involves limb-targeting and gory close-ups. Gore in general is not something that Fallout 3 is a stranger to.
To sum up:
Graphics: 9/10 Overall incredible, some minor glitches.
Gameplay: 8/10 Very good in general, lets you use a variety of tactics.
Presentation: 10/10 Whilst bleak, the Fallout Universe is lightened with plenty of dark humour
Lasting Appeal: 9/10 Whilst there is no online play, the single player could last you forever.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews