on 23 December 2009

Most apps referred to are American based and useless

Avoid this like the plague
on 11 November 2010
Beware uk purchasers - pretty much every app is about the US

Or if you are planning a trip to the states go for it
on 23 January 2010
I expected some guide on the pattern that the user have when choosing and then buying an application on the store.

But this is not the case. The book presents a list of categories, like in the Oscar awards (best App for Music, best App for Travelling etc..), and nominates the winner of the category and the second best. There has been effort, since the author has tried and downloaded all those application, but there is no reference on the total number of application parsed (how many where the candidates to the Oscar?). It is not a "scientific guide".

Was good to get an INITIAL idea of what's in the market without parsing all the Apple Store; but at the end I what you probably end up doing as routine to discriminate the users or to tailor your efforts is using the App Store to study the applications of the competitors in the category in which I have an idea, or in which I plan to sell, before starting an application project.

I would love a book with some theory and explanation on how customers chooses.. but this book would require a bit more effort to be written.
on 22 May 2010
This guide is brilliant. I found it extremely useful; I've downloaded many apps based on the recommendations contained in this book. For instance prior to purchasing the book I downloaded several drawing apps. but unfortunately I couldn't get to grips with any of them. The book recommended the 'Brushes' app. - I've managed to create many works of art as a result. I've downloaded many, many apps based on Josh Clark's excellent recommendations.
on 16 May 2011
This book is brilliant and presents some really awsome apps, but they are American and useless in the UK. 2 stars just for apps.
on 8 January 2011
Very interesting, good layout and nice size for casual reading. The price of the apps are in US dollars and some apps are US specific (nearby restaurants etc) but otherwise I am happy with my purchase.
on 5 September 2014