The Best of A.W. Tozer, Book Two: 2 Paperback – 31 Jul 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A.W. Tozer wrote with the passion of a man thirstyfor God. He was not afraid to expose man's frailties, nor was he hesitant to reveal what God can do for those who seek Him.This collection of 44 chapterscoversmajor themes of A. W. Tozer's writings, capturing the message he so passionately taught and lived: Surrender to Christ, get to know God personally, and grow to become like Him. Perhaps this explains their wide circulation and lasting influence.Excerpts from this volume come from classics like: "The Knowledge of the Holy""The Pursuit of God""God's Pursuit of Man""How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit""I Talk Back to the Devil""Who Put Jesus on the Cross?"Plus many more!Also available is "The Best of A.W. Tozer Book One, " which includes 52 more chapters."
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As good as volume one is, this second book is even better and stronger in its message.
This is a style and type of ministering that is seldom heard today, unfortunately.
Recommended without reservation.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Tozer has a way of stating spiritual truth with remarkable clarity. My only difficulty with this book is that it contains so much truth, I want to rush through it and stuff all of its knowledge into my head at once. However, after reading each essay, my mind are soul are so fully illuminated, I MUST stop so that I can think, ponder and completely mull over what I've read. I can no more rush through this book than I could eat 44 sumptuous dinners in one sitting.
This book is a MUST read for Christians who like to think.
The Un-apologetics ~ is a characterization based on the fact the Tozer states quite strongly that he will not apologize, water down, or oversimplify God's Word... It provided great direction for me. I love the essay on worship.
1. The Holy Spirit's power comes from above instead of from within.
2. Our goal is to be holy instead of happy.
3. The Holy Spirit will work mightily in our life if we really want Him to.
4. 3 reasons why there is wasted activity in the church.
5. God can be known intimately - the choice is ours.
6. When we seek to exalt God above all, we will fall out of favor with the world.
7. God desires our sincerity, transparency, humility, and love.
8. Contrast between heaven and hell.
9. The true Christian will often be lonely in the world.
10. True faith is accompanied by expectation of what God promised and can do.
While I really liked the title, I liked Book 1 better, mainly because of the topics addressed. This more of a preference instead of a criticism. Still, a great title and I will often use for future reference.