Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 February 2017
This effectively does what is says on the tin!!

Pretty much self-explanatory; this is a Best Of Bowie's career from the early 70s to the mid 90s. All the old favourites are here, alongside some of the less well-known hits, so this is the perfect introduction to Bowie for the uninitiated.

It would probably be nice if an updated/expanded version of this existed (containing material from his mid-60s Deram period and latter day stuff), but this is a fantastic overview of Bowie at his best.
on 27 January 2016
I just cannot stop playing this cd. It's just too difficult to pick a favourite track. The Jean Genie just has to be played on the highest volume in the car. Life on Mars lyrics are just too incredible. I am now in my late forties and really starting to regret not being born a tad earlier. But when I look back, of course I see that Bowie was always there. In the clothes that I was dressed in my my parents as a child, and the influence in all of the music I loved through the 70s and 80s. Bowie really must have touched so many people and yet in terms of his level of creativity and brilliant mind, there seems to be few to touch him. He was ahead of his time. I wonder whether in another 20 years time, we will realise how ahead of its time black star is too. If you want to buy a good Bowie cd but not sure where to start, well this Best of Bowie cd is a great place to begin. Love it!
on 7 July 2016
I ordered this for a friend, who had a renewed interest in David Bowie after his recent sad and untimely death. It is a selection of Bowie's most well-known and commercially successful songs, and is a great collection to have in the car or at home. Hardcore Bowie fans will probably look elsewhere and are more likely to pick up individual albums, but this is a great introduction to people unfamilar with David Bowie's work (although there can't be many in the world!) or for someone that just wants an easy and convenient way to enjoy music spanning the most prolific periods of his career.
on 7 April 2017
Great CD.
on 20 September 2017
Arrived today.Bought 2 of these, 1 for myself and 1 for my mum we haven't played either of these yet.Many thanks.
on 2 March 2017
Bought 2nd hand, the case had minor scuffs (but the seller made this clear so I expected it) and the disc was clean. That's all I cared about so I'm really happy
on 5 April 2017
Fantastic CD.....reliving my teenage years and beyond....he was so amazing!! Each track takes me back
on 13 April 2017
Fantastic album
on 26 July 2017
excellent double cd, all my favourites
on 30 March 2017
A good tribute to a modern day ingenious artist.