on 21 September 2011
It is going straight to the charity shop.
Firstly, the measurements are given only in American cups with no conversion provided for imperial or metric. Given that the author stresses the need for accuracy and that the book is being sold worldwide this seems to be an important ommission.
More importantly, there isn't a single recipe that I want to try. They are either standards or rather strange combinations which is disappointing for "The Best Little book of Preserves and Pickles". when I ordered the book, the 'look inside' option was not availabe and I strongly advise doing this if you are thinking of buying it. I found the layout most unappealing.
I have many books on preserving and this just doesn't stand comparison with any of them. For a recent publication try Thane Prince's "Jams and Chutneys: Preserving the Harvest".