- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: Collins; UK ed. edition (11 Oct. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 000748562X
- ISBN-13: 978-0007485628
- Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 2.4 x 25.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 28 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
9,184 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #6 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Building Construction & Materials
- #7 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Residential Buildings > Houses & Flats
- #14 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering
The Best of Grand Designs Hardcover – 11 Oct 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Kevin McCloud is the presenter of Channel 4’s BAFTA nominated ‘Grand Designs’, which has now covered over 100 projects. He has also hosted the annual coverage of the Stirling Prize and made series about the Grand Tour, urban regeneration, the slums of Mumbai and his shed.
A building historian and trained designer by background, Kevin has also written extensively about architecture, decoration, design, lighting, colour, sustainability and his shed. His day job is making television programmes. His other day job is running Hab Housing, a green development business he founded. Kevin is an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most of the houses I have seen in the episodes, though there are a couple that I haven't seen. One of my all time favourites, The Cruciform House, is missing though.
A must read for fans of Grand Designs, but I am not sure it is worth purchasing.
"Each project is supported by beautiful photography, building plans and Kevin’s own personal analysis, together with commentary from his long-time collaborator, Isabel Allen".
I was so disappointed. The building plans are not included for all the designs - only some and even the plans included are not labelled like "kitchen, bedroom 1, etc". The included plans are so small that I had to pull out my magnifying glass several times. They look like ordinary sketches.
Sadly for me, this is another book to put in my recycling bin.
Most recent customer reviews