Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£11.99

on 20 December 2013
We love Kevin McCloud so I feel almost obliged to give it a five-star rating. No reinventing of the wheel here but as a gift for a big Grand Designs fan, it's really a no-brainer. Arrived promptly, in great condition and does exactly what it says it does. Nicely presented pic-led recaps of the show's most memorable homes. And minus most of the repetitive comments that inevitably accompany a series that has run this long.
on 2 May 2017
Thanks
on 18 April 2017
Interesting book with lots of ideas.
on 5 April 2017
I would have expected some design drawings to be included in the boOK. Definately not value for money.
on 20 January 2013
Bought as a present for my son. It was a very good price compared to when I saw it at the Grand Designs Show last year.
on 30 December 2012
Brought on behalf of a friend which he had ordered off me, but it was sold out. After several searches it came up with here, good old Amazon......Watch this space !!!!!!!!!!
on 20 February 2015
I bought the book because of the phrase below.
"Each project is supported by beautiful photography, building plans and Kevin’s own personal analysis, together with commentary from his long-time collaborator, Isabel Allen".
I was so disappointed. The building plans are not included for all the designs - only some and even the plans included are not labelled like "kitchen, bedroom 1, etc". The included plans are so small that I had to pull out my magnifying glass several times. They look like ordinary sketches.
Sadly for me, this is another book to put in my recycling bin.
on 6 December 2012
I was really looking forward to this book for my architect friend, but was a little disappointed on the lack of detail. It has a large number of the projects but most are a brief overview and if you haven't seen the programme then the detail is lacking... I understand the impetus to cram as many in as possible, but I would have liked it to be more indepth.
on 17 January 2013
A beautifully presented book, with amazing photography of the home and architectural marvels that have been selected to go in here.

Most of the houses I have seen in the episodes, though there are a couple that I haven't seen. One of my all time favourites, The Cruciform House, is missing though.

A must read for fans of Grand Designs, but I am not sure it is worth purchasing.
on 7 May 2014
A very informative book filled with lots of eye candy. Very similar to the show in its ability to enthrall.