on 17 September 2014
I am pretty critical of most guides but this one did the job. Simple and effective - covered the main sites and gave good orientation on the island. Nice to see a guide not padded out with rubbish. Map a real bonus. An excellent affordable purchase.
on 20 June 2014
this is the best type of tourist guide when visiting a country for the first time.it is small enough to fit into a handbag and yet civers all the main points and places of interest. we always buy a berlitz guide before travelling as it is a good starting point for our trip
on 14 May 2014
As with all Berlitz guides, it is informative and useful. A must for any traveler heading to a new destination. These books are perfect to pop in a bag or pocket and take with you at all times. I have purchased one for every trip and found them excellent.
on 14 September 2013
After booking a holiday to Corfu my husband and I wanted a book we could take with us on the kindle, to give us information on where we were going to and where to visit. It had really nice pictures in and a lot of useful information. Also had a few Greek words to help us, although the Corfiat people spoke beautiful English! All in all a good guide book.
on 1 May 2015
This is an excellent guide to Corfu, giving brief historical introductions to each place, together with notes on what to do, where to stay and where to eat. It also has a brief glossary in the back of necessary Greek phrases.
on 24 August 2014
This is a useful little guide but this kindle version has no table of contents. I had to make my own by highlighting the useful bits so they come up in my list of highlights and I can find them again.
on 21 October 2014
Compact but full of useful information. Used on a recent holiday and helped me explore the whole island with no inaccuracies found. Maps are small, as is the book, but overcome by buying a full-sized map as well.
on 7 July 2014
It's a bit out of date. We visited a recommended museum in Corfu town only to find it had been closed for nearly 2 years.
on 7 July 2014
Yes it is small which means it is easy to carry about but does have lots of useful info. We stayed in Sidari which didnt get a rave review in the book but is actually a very nice place. Didnt do much exploring of the rest of the island but should I ever go back I would use it . The history of the island in the book is very interesting without going on too much - it is a holiday not a history lesson!
on 5 October 2014
May well be perfectly good guide but won't buy kindle version of this kind of guide again. Need to be able to flick backwards and forwards more easily and didn't find that easy.