on 3 October 2013
Use it for bringing my 15.5 laptop to work, which fits perfect. Also I've used it for travelling and staying at friends houses. I've fit a pair of size 10 shoes, pair of jeans, 2 t-shirts, a hoodie, socks etc and a toiletries bag in easily. I still had a bit of room to play with after, so all round this bag is brilliant for my needs. There is a top flap for a water pipe and it seems water proof. I've used it in fine rain several times and seen no issues.

I have a few shoulder issues, but this sits nicely on my back and shoulder.

The only issue I had was one of the toggles on the zip came off. Was slightly disappointed, but 2minutes sewing fixed it back on easily.

Update - I've used it in heavy rain and it was fine. But things changed after i took it to a rugby match. At the match some lovely person spilt their beer behind me, which then ran down and puddled under my bag. They didn't bother to tell me, so I don't know how long it was sat there. Anyway the bag soaked up a lot of the beer. I washed the bag in a sink using soap powder. This got rid of the beer smell, but seemed to undo the waterproofing. I found this out when I was caught in a heavy rain storm and everything inside got soaked. I've applied some waterproofing spray now, so hopefully that fixes.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 August 2014
This bag seems like it was well thought through. The straps and back of the bag has a cushion that seems to take the weight off the bag, making three 2 litre bottles of water feel like one! I usually just carry my mac (in a case), 2 folders and my lunch to and from work on my bike. The side pockets are large enough for storing bottles and there's a nice hidden compartment on the front which is surprisingly large.

I haven't tested it in the rain yet, as there are some reviews on here that say it's waterproof. Will update this review once I have encountered that situation though.

Reason for it being only 4/5, the front zipper for the hidden compartment came off randomly. I have replaced it with a plastic tie since though.
on 25 August 2016
Brilliant Product. Purchased for university and it has lasted a travel through Europe, been up a mountain, trips to Rome, Greece and Bulgaria! This backpack has loads of space and room for water storage. The backpack has never failed more and i have had it for over three years now. Excellent internal and external capacity

Would Recommend!
on 30 April 2015
Just received this item and im not impressed with it. Over the last 10 years i had been using a Wenger rucksack thats been with me everywhere and used on a daily basis for work, and the quality between the two are incomparable really(in favour of the Wenger bag) OK the price i paid for the wenger bag was a little more but the difference is far superior. so i am sending this back as its ok for carrying some lunch and light items but wouldn't suggest packing it up with heavier things like i was able to do with the Wenger bag. Unfortunatley the Wenger bag looks like its years now.
on 4 May 2014
Nice colour and good size. I use it for swimming. It can take a wash bag, two large micro towels and clothes but not my trainers although a t a push I could probably squeeze them in. It has a small open inside pocket which is ok for keys (it has a key ring) and a mobile phone but not much else. There is also a separator splitting the inside of the bag into two but you can just use one side and it's fine - I find it surplus to requirements. It has padded straps and padded back for comfort should you take it hiking/walking. Overall a good purchase and compromise size-wise, just right for my needs and would make a good day sac.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2016
Good:
- Lightweight
- Good, deep drink holders either side
- Handy front zip area
- Good clip across the front - this chest one feels much nicer than previous waist straps

Bad:
Went out in a mild shower; came back with the contents of the bag completely drenched.
Bag is ruined by the "H20" hole in the top! I didn't expect waterproof. But, for god's sake, don't make a nice water-resistant bag AND THEN DRILL A HOLE IN THE TOP. The hole has got "H20" written on it (must be funny to someone). I guess it's for storing a water-drinking system in your bag and having the straw stick out. But how many people actually want that!
What I wanted was a bag without a stupid great hole in it.
on 26 February 2014
This is one of my better buys. I do a lot of hiking and find the cheaper type rucksacks snap easily, as I'm one of those people who laden themselves with everything...just to be on the safe side. Quick delivery and great quality with bags of room. I love the handy little pockets at the side which are great for stowing camera and phone. There's also handy little side zips for stashing car keys, so you don't have to go fishing for them at the bottom of your bag when you get back to the car. I've been stuck in a storm with this bag, and although I got soaking wet, my backpack however remained completely untouched by the rain.
on 18 September 2012
Each year I go on holiday without a good backpack. It's something I wish I'd sorted out sooner, but with a week away in the Cotswolds coming up, I decided to take the plunge and purchase a good quality backpack that would last.

After spending considerable time researching backpacks, I kept coming back to one name - Berghaus. And in particular, this backpack. And I was not disappointed.

The backpack is sturdy. It has taken heavy weight and not buckled or weakened noticeably. It looks good. It's very comfortable, which hadn't been a particular consideration of mine but was an added bonus. And more importantly, it was a very good value purchase for the price (c.£25).

I have given it 4/5 stars - only because it takes a while to dry once wet, and has far too many zips and compartments for my liking. But a great purchase nonetheless. Enjoy!
on 2 December 2014
I bought this backpack to carry my items when running down to go rowing on the river, it is an excellent value backpack, which I now use regularly. When running I typically carry: thermal leggings, spare hoodie, waterproof top, mobile phone, wallet, water bottle and a hydration bladder, it has more than enough room to carry all this. I have noticed when running that the straps can rub on my neck even when tightened which can be a little frustrating. I also use this bag in school when I need to carry several folders, pencil case and a laptop, it is perfect for this job and is very comfortable.
Pros:
• In-expensive
• Good quality
• Convenient front storage pouch (for phone, wallet etc.
• Water bottle pouches
• Airflow technology
Cons:
• Strap can rub against neck
• No dedicated hydration bladder pouch
on 20 December 2014
I got this backpack for a two night stay in Berlin (super cheap deal, no hold luggage.)
I'd say it'll easily suffice for 4 or 5 nights away, if you pack light.

Strong, comfortable with enough room in the side mesh for a bottle of water. Easy to access items within, plus some handy inside pockets etc. for travel documents.

Managed to get clothes for 2 days, a large SLR, a small portable tripod and various electrical items (plugs, cables, tablet) - and there was still room to spare.

I now use it for work.