Size: One Size|Colour: Lavender Violet/Orient Purple|Change
Price:£35.74 - £51.13

on 22 May 2016
Was in need of a daypack for trips to the gym and activities out and about. Looking across the various options I chose the well know brand seeing that I have had many Berghaus products in the past that lasted a long time.

The backpack has a variety of pockets, 1 zipped pocket on the front, 1 open pouchwith another safe zipped pocket on the inside. Attached to the inside of the backpack next to one of the pockets is a very handy key store to attach your keys which saves you having to dig around pockets when the time comes to get in through the door from your time away.

Inside the bag is a section with mesh fabric that allows you to store books or a small laptop which for me was a handy addition as it stores my tablet very well. The large holding area manages to hold quite a lot with the expanding straps on the front giving a little extra space whilst providing good support. I get a bath towel, a pair of trainers, a small zippered washbag, a bag of gym accessories and in just fine. The outside has two mesh pockets to house a couple of water bottles which are held in place by a couple of adjustable straps.

The backpack is well padded with vents \ grooves which stop that dreaded over heating and sweating that occurs from long wearing that is often the case with some padded backpacks.

The adjustable sternum and waist straps are a great feature which stop the backpack from bouncing around whilst I run. There is two Velcro loops and plastic attachment hoops to hang walking poles to although not used by myself yet again are good addition. On top of the backpack is a solid plastic handle that when cycling does have a tendency to dig in to my neck or nudge my cycle helmet but asides from that is strongly fixed. The elasticated cord expands well to allow a cycle helmet to beinserted to save having to carry it around in your hand.

The material has been very hard wearing with no signs of wear even though its been out in all weathers and had to endue the cramped and small openings of my local gym's lockers.

A timeless and well made backpack that has been with the purchase from day one. I would happily recommend this particular Berghaus bag to anyone
on 16 March 2017
A very nice sack for daytrips. I only payed 18 pounds for mine, but removed a star because at 44 pounds or so it's not as fantastic value.
It can hold two compacted walking poles.I use the external elastic string (criss-crossing the back) to hold a sweater. My jacket goes inside, with a smaller thermos, etc. I don't use the cross strap between the sholder harnesses, since they are shaped and well padded. I removed the lower hip straps -which comes off very easily (I keep them in one side net pocket). External net side pockets hold a decent 0.5L coke bottle shaped water bottle.
The sack seems reasonably rain resistant (but I have an additional cheap rain cover on order).
The internal key holder ring is plastic, and once a key ring fell off it just by me mucking about in the sack. Luckily I found the keys in the bottom of the sack when I got home. That is a very poor item to save money on, so a star off is reasonable. I might replace it altogether.
I'm waiting for the 18 pound price to come back so I can snap up a second one.
on 10 February 2017
I have an earlier model Remote 25 backpack which has given superb service so when my wife needed a new day-pack this was top of the list.

It is comfortable to wear for a full days hike, has plenty of space that is well organised, the flow system does a good job of keeping you from getting too sweaty a back and the external mesh pockets are fantastic for bunging things in without having to take the pack off. The compression and attachment systems do a good job of securing 'stuff' in and on the pack and its a lovely bright colour.

Highly recommended.
on 1 September 2012
This bag is very durabable and looks nice.
There are several compartments on the inside which can be very useful.
Also the back of the back which pushes against your back has a strong flat board which prevents uncomfortable parts poking you.
Something I would want to make people aware of is that there is only one main ziped compartment which can accomodate A4 sized objects.
on 3 May 2017
This bagpack is apparently designed to be restrictive. I bought it due to the straps on front but the rest leaves a lot to be desired.

The biggest issue is the top pocket, which is basically a bag that hangs inside the main compartment (taking space) which makes this additional pocket useless. The fact that is placed on the top of the bag means that if you put something heavy (a padlock) on that pocket it will make your bag fall over and you'll end up with all the contents from that pocket on the ground.

The zippers don't have handles but a small rope so they end up hidden and hard to locate

I think is way overpriced for a bag that would be ok if you carry just a few and very light items. Mine is broken already after carrying a laptop in there. Very dissapointed. It seems like these dudes were trying to cut corners and increasing prices while designing this
on 3 March 2017
Perfect! I was looking for a small daypack for travelling and this is just what I need. Large enough to hold camera, money, guide book etc, but not too big that it will get very heavy. Plenty of pockets and net pockets on sides to carry water bottle. The red is a great colour!
on 1 October 2014
This bag exceeded all expectations. It survived (still looks brand new) a wilderness expedition in Algonquin Park, Canada, through canoeing, hiking and camping. It has brilliantly proportioned, zipped sections to keep things in and despite sitting at the bottom of a canoe in a puddle several times, the contents of my bag stayed dry! I couldn't recommend the bag more. Really delighted with it.

Service was great from the seller with delivery as described and value for money all round.
on 13 March 2013
Very good bag, holds all I need for a days Coast Path Walking, good pockets etc., plenty of space for overtrousers, gaiters, a great buy at £28. Could do with a waterproof cover as part of the bag.
on 20 June 2016
I was looking looking for something with a little more space , made well but not as practical as i hoped
on 23 May 2017
One of the zips broke quite quickly. Apart from that it's a good bag.