The blaze red is a nice bright orange which is great for visability. I particularly like the very big zips that are easy to use and suspect will be far more durable that smaller ones that get stuck. The active link is also good. My wife has different width shoulders than mine but because the way the active link works, it repositions itself for comfort (excellent). Overall...a great rucksack. Comments about other reviews - The berghaus sign is a transfer and may come off in time, however this is not a problem to me. Also the zip pocket at the front, it is a little tight however my hands are marigold size 'L' for large and I can get it in. Overall a great rucksack for £[].
on 20 November 2011
Excellent rucsac, probably too many pockets for my own use but will suit many. Happily the brand insignia wears off fairly quickly. Nice touch! Carries well, comfortable, back stays dry and cool even after a days exertion. Good buy.
on 17 November 2013
This is a good backpack to go out walking with as it is rugged and keeps the rain out. The material is very tough and looks like it would be difficult to rip. The back has thick pads which make contact with your back for comfort, and the active link system - where the straps are attached with a spacer - means they always sit comfortably on your shoulders.

It has a lot of features for holding items and keeping things protected. There are outer side mesh pockets for water bottles. On the side facing out there is a thin zip up compartment that is just about big enough for maps and a compass. There are several elastic loops for tightening the sides as well as straps that can fasten over your chest and waist.

Inside the bag there are subdivisions to the front and back and a reasonably-sized middle. If you want a bag for work, transporting files or a laptop, this is probably a bit too small. But because of its small size it is ideal for outdoor pursuits like walking or cycling and will resist wear and the weather.
on 21 December 2011
Bought this bag as we no longer need the pushchair but still needed loads of kids stuff on days out. Bought the brown one, unisex so both me and my husband can carry it on trips out. Comfy, quite large, with loads of pockets inside for storing different bits.
on 30 November 2011
I bought this bag mainly to use as a gym bag having had Berghaus bags before and Im very pleased and Ive ended up using it for everyday use aswell sometimes!! It holds a surprising amount for it's size and is very strong, the shoulder straps arent fixed to the top of the bag in the normal way, there are 2 oval shaped rings attached to the bag and then the shoulder straps are attached to these so the bag will adapt to your shoulders and seems to find the most comfortable position on its own, there are a couple of little pockets inside the bag for keys etc but they are too small for me, I dont really bother using them, there is also a bladder pocket in the back of the bag, this bag is a great buy at the price, Id definitely recommend
on 26 April 2013
I have had this bag for almost a year now and it still looks like new. It has several pockets and compartments on the inside including a netted section close to the stiff back which is perfect for my tablet or books however you could put in a smaller laptop/ netbook in there. The netted side pockets are great water bottles on a walk and there is a outlet on top for a camelbak type water bladder.
I have used this on serveral all day walks and on holidays where I have again worn it all day and it has remained comfortable and the back vents help to reduce a sweaty back on a hot day. Love the bag and have no complaints.
on 28 July 2012
This is a really good quality bag. Everything about it is good quality. The straps are well padded, the back panel is the same, the zips are easy to move. I didn't keep this bag because I felt it was too small for what I need it for which is spending a full day out and about. I could manage to fit my waterproof, a jumper and a small bit of lunch. But all those extra little things we just find ourself needing when leading youth groups out on trips just wouldn't fit in and make it stretch too much. Its a sterdy bag and the back is very rigid because of the laptop holder inside, which doubles up as a H2O holder. The bungie is a good feature, but not big enough for my day out. I liked the idea of the bag, and bought a bigger version of the same thing, which also comes with padded hip support which I love to use to take the pressure of my shoulders. ps- ladies- the chest strap isnt the best positioned and you could manage to leave your boost up bra at home with this strap. Shame it isnt adjustable up and down like on other Berghaus bags.
on 27 May 2013
I wanted a day-pack for practice and preparation for a 100k walk and after a bit of research I decided to buy this back-pack.

I needed something that would hold a hydration bladder, would have enough capacity to hold the bits and pieces I needed (first aid kit, food, torches, etc) along with clothing I would need for a 24hour walk (day and night - so major variations in temperature - 18deg C down to about 2-3deg C).

It easily coped with all that, and more, the whole contents of the bag being easily accessible through the zip that extends well down the sides of the pack. The external side pockets can be accessed (with slight contortion) even when the pack is on your back and the various loops and velcro tabs enable you to attach walking poles, caps, lights, whatever you like.

It always felt comfortable, easy to get on and off and the straps across the front kept it firmly in place, it was one thing on my 24hour walk that I didn't need to worry about, it just did the job.
on 23 December 2011
I really like this bag, it's perfect for long walks. There are the right amount of pockets for our need. Straps and padding are very good.
on 21 September 2012
I bought this to replace my worn out and damaged old Nike backpack (12 years of service), which was much more basic than this one. Spent a bit of time going through various options on Amazon, looking for something that fit my requirements and looked likely to last a while. I finally settled on this one and so far (2 weeks in) it has fit the bill as a day to day backpack while on the move and during a 3 day trip.

The backpack looks exactly as in the photos, and it feels solid and durable. At 20lt it's not massive but is sufficient to carry a fair number of items. During peak use I carried around 6-7kg - 2 500ml water bottles in each water pouch, a number of documents and brochures in the quite roomy front pouch, and in the main compartment a small tablet computer, 4 300-400g books, snacks etc. The laptop pouch is handy and elevates the computer off the (unpadded) base of the bag. There's another little pouch on the inside front as well, though putting a lot in there hinders access to the main compartment of the bag somewhat.

The straps and weight distribution on the bag also make it quite comfortable to carry - the shoulder strap padding makes a difference as well.

Overall it's an excellent backpack for regular day to day use carrying a water bottle, umbrella, books and computer, and ideal as a secondary backpack to take while travelling.