on 30 November 2012
Excellent Jacket, shame Berghaus have to spoil it by putting in light grey zips in an otherwise black jacket. Picture on Amazon shows black zips. I know I am being picky but the photo should represent what you are being sold. Would have given five stars but for this.
on 18 January 2013
bought this for my bf. it was a great looking jacket, very warm and long enough to protect against the cold weather. however, there comes a time when you need to wash your jacket. for me, that time came a few days after i received it and before my boyfriend officially wore it. i followed the care instructions to the letter, washed it separately in the washing machine with special detergent meant for down jackets as i knew how sensitive they can get when washed. and booooom disaster :( when it started to dry i realized that some areas had gotten completely flat whereas others were extra stuffy but hard i.e. knots had been created. also the colour (green in my case) was messed up and showed irregularities as if the colour had transferred during the wash, despite the very low temperature of the washing machine. very very disappointed. beautiful jacket but perhaps it needs pro or dry cleaning despite what the care instructions say. so excellent jacket for those out there who hate doing their laundry but not so great for those who don't. my advise to avoid disappointment: buy with care.
44 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2015
This jacket looks better than the advertised picture. Very warm and waterproof - although I wouldn't want to wear it in a heavy downpour. Great value for the price, the only gripe I have is the inside zip pocket always gets stuck - I have not used it once without this happening. Overall, great value product.
on 1 November 2012
Being both warm and wind proof Ive barely taken mine off! The only way this jacket could be any better is if it was fully waterproof, it does cope more than efficiently with a brief shower, wouldnt like to be stood around in a downpour though!

The lined pockets keep your hands warm and the sleeping bag style hood is perfect for when the temperature really drops.

Ive looked at a lot of down jackets and this one really is the best looking one I had found, well worth the money!
on 27 January 2015
OK so the zip is white... but once you get over that shock it's a fantastic coat. Get this it has a really warm hood. I get cold ears but not in this jacket. I wish I could wear it all day long... but that would look odd as I work at a desk in an office.
on 6 November 2012
This coat met & exceeds my expectations !! - the two main features are :- it's warm in all weather & it's long enough to cover my bum, a must for all tall people. Thanks for the length Berghaus ..
on 20 February 2013
Just had a week in the north of Sweden and the jacket is great - really warm. BUT the zips for the inner pocket and the outer pockets are awful - I could open or close them once without them catching on the flap. Extremely frustrating, so much so that I would recommend you looking for a jacket of similar spec with better zip flaps.
on 10 December 2012
I would recommend this jacket for anyone looking for a warm lightweight jacket.

As usual with Amazon, there was a prompt delivery.

Purchased for my 17 year old son, who has 30 minute walk to 6th Form each day. My son is delighted with the coat, and even after the usual novelty has worn off, he is still mentioning how warm the coat is.

Highly recommend!
on 2 January 2015
Very good jacket. It's great to just throw on over a tshirt etc. Even in -4 I was perfectly warm. The hood is really stable in wind etc. Styling is good. The grey zip is a nice touch. Price is excellent. It's not got a lining or any frills u expect from a £150+ jacket but it's excellent value at £65 nonetheless
on 11 December 2012
As a previous reviewer has said the zip down the middle is light grey. This does take a couple of days to get used to. I guess it is a design feature since adds some colour contrast to an otherwise all black jacket. I have worn it twice in sub zero temperatures and have had some favourable comments from the ladies so it must be good looking. I bought a large size. I would have preferred if the size was a little fuller since when I have on a few layers it fits snugly. But XL is far to large for me so I have decided to keep it. Actually a snug fit looks better. The jacket can only be closed with the zip so when the zip goes it will probably become useless. M&S jackets have poppers and zips. It is surprisingly light and very well made. The amazon price is good value for money but the jacket would be expensive at the full price. These jackets are currently very fashionable. I will wear it continually in the winter and buy another one when it wears out.