Size: Medium (Brand Size: M/Regular)|Colour: Black|Change

on 14 February 2016
As mentioned by other reviewers, these seem to be a good product. I am 5'10" with a 36 inch waist and a 30/31 inside leg. I ordered the "Large Regular" size. After unwrapping and holding them up, I thought they would not fit - however after putting them on over jeans, the fit was "snug" - I would have liked another inch or so as the waist elastic was stretched about 70%, definitely will not need the draw-cord. However, a quick test walk around, sitting, standing etc. and found them to be very comfortable. I think they could have been a little more generous but I am happy with the fit.

The legs have press fasteners about knee level and ankle. The zip opens from the ankle all the way up to the vent (pocket level) which is very useful if you have bulky clothes underneath and certainly assists getting them on over boots. Not the cheapest you can buy from Amazon, but the quality, look and feel makes paying the extra worthwhile (I hope). Time will tell . . . .
on 3 March 2017
These waterproof trousers were ordered for my father and recommend by myself as I've owned a pair for a number of years.
Most if not all waterproof trousers make you sweat, therefore the trousers you have on underneath your waterproofing are usually wetter than they would be if you weren't wearing any waterproofs. Not with these, they are highly breathable. They can be zipped open all the way on both legs but I haven't found a need for this. I've been mountaineering in them many times and even worn them over my thick textile motorbike trousers when on a tour of Scotland. I comfortably rode and stayed dry all day long. I have used them on the bike in heavy rain for long periods and haven't come across any leaks apart from where the berghaus logo is on the knee. There was a slight leak there but nothing major at all. I don't think this would be an issue with general use but on the bike my knees are bent and driving into the rain for long periods of time. I would highly recommend these to anyone, they can be expensive but I believe in the fact that you get what you pay for.
on 6 January 2017
Paclite is super light. These just weigh a couple of hundred grams. As a hill walker they don't add much weight to my pack.
This is the second pair I've bought, the first I have been using for a few years now and they are still OK. The second pair is so I don't have to borrow the pair from my hill walking pack (as I might forget one day to stick em back and subsequently just when I really need em....).
If I am just out for a wee walk or down the town and I think it might rain, well they pack down easily into the tiny wee bag that comes with them which fits easily into a standard jacket pocket.
I've seen various size guides for Berghaus trousers and they all different. I ordered large/regular. That translates into a 34 inch waist and 31 inch leg - just what I was looking for.
Bear in mind they are light weight, they certainly not industrial. Plenty tough enougth for general lesuire use.
In short excellant lightweight waterproof lesuire overtrousers.
on 4 February 2017
Already owned the Berghaus Deluge over trousers and was impressed, but couldn't resist the Goretex version when offered at such a good price. They are lighter in weight but apart from that are very similar to the Deluge version. Never had a problem with sweating while wearing the Deluge and these are the same, well impressed and that little saving in weight all helps when walking or hill climbing! Well recommended at these prices, but wouldn't have bought at full RRP.
on 15 December 2015
nice trousers but beware when sizing!! i wanted 32 waist 31 inside leg so ordered medium regular, they arrived and are tight on the waist (just acceptable, put it this way i will never have to use the adjusting cord). The attached label for the size is also confusing since when did 68 cm equate to 32 inches(waist) or 31 inches equate to 106 cm (inside leg). it would be useful if the sizing drop list gave some indication as to the actual size of the trousers in inches or centimeters( if they could cross reference accurately it would be less confusing) rather than just stating, medium regular, medium large etc etc..I had to rely on customer reviews to enable me to stand half a chance of getting an accurate fit, well almost!!!
on 22 May 2017
Amazing product - Did Welsh Three peaks in them and they were awesome in 9 hours of rain, hail, sleet and strong winds. But as another reviewer said. Be very careful with them.

They are thin (and only 360 grams) and I tore a hole in mine ... sadly ... when one of the shoelace hooks on my walking boots snagged the overtrousers when I was taking them off at the end of the challenge ... sigh
on 18 May 2017
Way too tight around the waist; I'm a 32", and I found the large uncomfortable, with way too much room in the seating area and too loose around the ankles, even with the extra button that is placed maybe ½ inch in; it could do with another one! Shame, but I've had to return them.
on 27 April 2017
Very light compact waterproof overtrousers which come in there own little stuff sac
Being gore tex these trousers are extremely waterproof and breathable I'd be more than happy to recommend these trousers.
on 25 June 2017
Lightweight, windproof and waterproof. The vents are perfect for changing conditions. The waterproofing means that at the end of a long hike in Welsh conditions you can sit in areas where others have to stand uncomfortably!
on 28 May 2017
Bought these for the commute to work. They have been ideal. I use them rarely most of the time they are packed up, nice small and light in my bag. On the rare occasions when I have used them they have proved invaluable, more than twice in heavy thunder storms they have kept me perfectly dry. Do get the larger size, i did and they fit very well.