on 12 November 2017
Good boot. Worn twice in rain and feet stayed bone dry. Comfortable and more rrobust than my north face back to Berkley 68's.
on 26 January 2015
Great Boots, i had a pair of 10 year old karrimors that finally bit the dust, they were great boots but Karrimor have gone downhill, so i opted for these and they are pukka Boots, the best part though was only paying £35 for them, absolute bargain
on 30 March 2015
I already had a pair of these boots, and loved them so much, I wanted another pair for when mine wear out. They have lasted me much longer than other walking boots I've had, so would recommend them.
on 22 March 2015
Comfortable and reasonably priced. No complaints.
on 7 April 2015
I will start this review by declaring that I am having trouble with finding decent hiking boots for my feet. I bought these as they were a great price (£40) and a decent brand. I bought a 10 as I need to use decent insoles and supports for my feet. It is lucky that I wanted to use other insoles, the ones with this boot were flat cutouts, at this price (or the rrp) I would expect something better than this.A basic profiled footbed makes a lot of difference to a boot.

So, basic footbed installed (borrowed from my Columbia boots) I tried these out. They are a more generous fit than I had expected. The 10 still needed thick socks or a higher volume footbed. I tried a pair of Sole heat moulded insoles, these were better for volume inside the boot, but then I found that it was uncomfortable across the top of the foot where it laces up. I also found that the grip around the heel was not so good, even with good socks the boot slipped up and down and for me that would end up with a blister after a couple of miles. I would exchange these for a 9, but I am not sure that would be any good either, as I think the loss of length may cause a problem with my big toes, so they are going back.

Moral of the story, I think you need to try boots in a boot shop.

There are some good points to these boots. The soles seem good, the boot is solid to step in, with no real roll and they feel like they would offer good grip. Ankle support seems good without rubbing on your legs. They seem well made, there were no problems with the stitching or eyelets in the short time I had them.

With careful sizing and selection of the perfect insole and sock, these just might provide many miles of mountain fun, but based on previous disasters, I have learnt to trust early niggles about walking boots and these do not suit me.
on 30 November 2015
5 stars for price, delivery times, and looks.
On the negative side...
I'm used to the explorer treks version, and these are not in the same league comfort wise.
The explorer treks fitted like a slipper, but these feel narrower, and shorter.
I'm a size 8 (UK men's) but a size 8 in these feels like a 7.9.
They're a bit tight.
If they done a half size I would gladly chop them in.
on 28 March 2016
Bought these as replacement for identical pair bought locally. The first pair fitted my bunioned feet perfectly and were comfortable from the minute I first wore them - they have the extra width my feet need unlike Italian and other continental brands. (I chose 1/2 size above my normal shoe size). These boots are suited to hill walking and so far have been waterproof including fording the stream at Goredale Scar and scrambling up the water fall last week (quite high water level) and a couple of times last year. They have also survived deep liquid mud this winter in the Hertfordshire countryside. I would say that they are probably best for hill walking but not tough enough for very rough mountain terrain (if you want decent foot support and a reasonable boot lifetime). At this price they are a very good deal. The other reviewers who complain that they leak must have very sweaty feet!
on 18 August 2013
Good pair of walking / trekking boots. After a week of walking the west highland way no blisters . They were also very waterproof .
on 6 January 2016
Good price boot and comfortable for casual walking but don't walk in wintery mountain terrain with these on as they are not water proof, the stiching has also frayed and split where it pushes at the wide part of the foot either because they are quite narrow or scuffing on rock, I glued it and it seems to be holding ok but have ordered a better quality boot and will keep these for general everyday use.
on 29 January 2015
Very pleased with these boots. Bought the next size up for my son who has outgrown his original pair. I now have his old pair! Soft and comfortable immediately without any breaking in needed, and totally waterproof. Great for long country walks and my son will be trekking in Iceland in his. Recommended.