The Berbers (Peoples of Africa) Hardcover – 20 Mar 1996
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
""the original Saharans were 'negroid' and left behind their distinctive art and iconography in rock carvings and art."
Intriguing links are noted with the tropical peoples of Upper Egypt. For example rather than simply accept older writings that allege sweeping invasions by "bearded men" from outside into Africa, or from elsewhere in the Maghreb, the authors reference hard anthropological data of actual specimens on the ground and find, Quote:
".. the skeletons seem to show closer resemblance to groups from the upper Nile Valley than to contemporary material from the Maghreb."
Blood type analyses show linkages between the Black Northern Haratin of Algeria and ancient Egyptians as detailed by the studies of Paoli 1972.
All in all a good roundup of information on the Berbers ancient and contemporary.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Africa
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Social & Economic History
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Customs
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural