The Bennetts: An Acting Family Hardcover – 30 Nov 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"A splendid bio." -- Playbill
"A reliable, straightforward biographical study of a prominent acting family that might, perhaps, be compared to the Barrymores." -- "Anthony Slide"
"A particular strength of this book is Kellow's discussion of the Bennett family within the changing contours of American theater and the motion picture industry." -- "Choice"
"A fascinating book, the perfect summer read." -- "Gay City News"
"An engrossing new page turner.... Theater people don't get more interesting, and it's a true tale well told." -- "Hollywood Reporter"
"Does justice to all the aspects of their lives, which is about all you can ask from such an accomplished and pleasurable family biography." -- "Las Vegas Sun"
"Kellow, a diligent researcher and a perceptive, graceful writer, covers their careers and sometimes tumultuous private lives.... A terrific read." -- "Los Angeles Times"
"A fabulously written page-turner about one of the most glamorous acting families of the 20th century by a writer who knows how to pen a compelling narrative while dishing the dirt." -- "Next Magazine"
"A splendid bio." -- "Playbill"
"Though the two [Bennetts] are not as widely remembered today as other film stars of the period, Kellow goes a long way toward addressing the oversight.... In most ways, Kellow is a respectfully restrained biographer, addressing even the most potentially lurid scandals" -- "Publishers Weekly"
"Serious film historians will want to examine The Bennetts.... Bliss for buffs." -- "Toronto Globe and Mail"
About the Author
Brian Kellow, features editor of Opera News magazine, is the coauthor of Can't Help Singing: The Life of Eileen Farrell. He lives in New York and Connecticut.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Actors & Actresses
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art > Theatre
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > British Heads of State
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Biographies
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Film Studies
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > History of Film > United States
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama