on 28 August 2013
Having bought many Bench fleeces in the past and wearing them daily, I was expecting the same quality and fit with this long jacket. However, it is much thinner fleece and although I am very slim and a size 6 the sleeves on this are so tight I could barely get my arms into them and certainly couldn't bend my elbows without considerable discomfort !!!
Perhaps the larger sizes are a better cut....(I always buy xs) as the other reviews sounded perfectly fine.
I hope all new Bench fleeces aren't of this inferior quality, as they have been an important staple to my wardrobe for many years, as I work outdoors and they are the only well fitting fleece on the market and I would be lost without them !!
on 16 February 2013
Loved the idea and style, however, when the coat arrived, the size was wrong. I bought appropriate size 14, but when tried the coat, could not even close. Had to send it back and have a refund - which I have to say, worked without a hitch. If you are really contemplating buying it, think about 2 sizes up, if you want to be comfortable.
on 12 November 2012
I bought this fleece coat to go under my every day coat which is not lined and was a much cheaper option than buying a full on padded winter coat. It is soft, warm and feels very cosy. The high neck can be closed by velcro to add warmth around the neck and helps beat the winter chill. Equally it can be left open and still looks smart. The arms are long and have thumb holes to keep the top of the hands warm and the coat reaches about midway down my leg (above the knee). It is worth checking the sizings for Bench (maybe going onto their own website) as they tend to come up smaller than expected. I chose large and I am a size 12 and the style is quite fitted. I am thrilled with my coat and I think it is an excellent winter purchase. Good value for money.
on 3 April 2014
Im 166cm 48kg and I bought S which fits tight over a tshirt and a shirt...perfect, since that was what I was looking for. The neck warmer and the thumbhole keeps you warm, ideal for Autumn weather (but not warm enough in real winter with snow).
on 24 October 2012
This item is exactly what I expected. It has a very feminine fit, is very warm, yet not bulky at all. Very trendy and comfortable. Highly recommend this coat.
on 9 January 2016
Not sure if it's me or the description but when I bought this I expected to receive a coat! This is not a coat but a long fleece! Love wearing it it's warm and soft but I wanted a coat! Good job I love Bench and and now have an excuse to buy a new coat...again!
on 16 January 2013
I've been looking for a casual jacket or coat for ages. I wanted one that was long enough to cover my bum and versatile enough to just chuck on over anything, but not too bulky or "stiff", like my winter coat. This cosy fleece is almost perfect - my only complaint is it's a bit of a small fit. I got medium (I'm a size 12) and now wish I'd gone for the large as I can't fit many layers under it. It'll be great in the spring though. The funnel neck is really cosy - I was put off by the massive BENCH logo across it at first, but actually you don't notice it that much. (I also coloured in the bright white BENCH writing on all the zip pulls with a black marker, which did the job in making them less in-yer-face.) Generally a nice looking, cosy, smart yet casual, between-seasons fleece.
on 7 October 2012
no longer current stock, but wanted 1 4 yrs, looks fantastic, if not a tad snug but its not really warm as normal fleeces are, not a heavy fleece, really a spring/summer 1 xx
on 16 October 2013
The bench jumper is fabulous, it is of a good quality and well worth it.
When you buy one do take one size larger though. The material is not thin how others describe it, it is perfect and very warm and a good quality.
on 28 October 2015
Great little coat! I would recommend you buy the next size up! They are snug. It covers your bum so u fi need to follow your hip size. It is a bit pricey for 50 I think its more the name your buying, but it is a goid item