on 21 August 2012
I ordered this DVD after getting interested in Belly Dance following doing Zumba tapes regularly and belly dance is used for the cool down in some parts of the Zumba tape. I was a bit worried about ordering the next level tape rather than the beginners as my knowledge was limited but thought I might tire of the beginners tape too quickly and wanted more of a challenge. Just completed tape for the first time and I think this tape does meet my requirements. There are elements that are familiar from Zumba such as shimmys and hip isolations done in the samba and cumbria. Jenna is very informative and I found the moves well explained. Enjoyed doing this tape and will do regularly.
on 10 July 2011
Somewhat more difficult than the beginners' DVD, Jenna demonstrates linking different moves and steps together. You will need to stop and start the DVD a lot to master and practice each move, but it is worth it. It was filmed in a dance studio against mirrors, so you can see how she is moving from the front and back. Good solid informative DVD for anyone who has mastered the basics and wants to improve their dancing.
on 2 January 2012
This video is very good for belly dancers who know the basic moves. I have been dancing for only 10 months so I had to watch carefuly to make sure I'd caught everything and feel I would need to use it many times to get full value. Perhaps I should have purchased Jennas introductory level first! In a studio form she clearly demonstrates shoulder and hip moves, steps and turns, with repetitions of each so you can copy her easily. Her steps and turns can be quite quick but the repetitions help. Towards the end Jemma also dresses in full costume to perform two demonstration dances which incorporate all the moves she had shown. It's excellent value for long term use.
on 22 September 2014
Delivered on time and good packaging. Good dvd for intermediate/advance level.
on 20 November 2015