TOP 100 REVIEWERon 23 March 2015
Cable purchased 1st Nov 2014 & used for just short of 5 months.

Cable is 1.2m In Length

Cable compatible with the following devices according to Belkins official site :-
iPad (Original), iPod 1st gen/2nd gen, iPod 3rd gen, iPod 4g, iPod colour, iPod Classic, iPod classic 2, iPod mini 1st gen, iPod nano 1st gen, iPod nano 2nd gen, iPod nano 3rd gen, iPod nano 4th gen, iPod nano 5th gen, iPod touch 1st gen, iPad 2, iPhone 4/4S, iPod touch 4th gen, iPod Classic 160 GB, iPod nano 6th gen, iPad 3rd gen.

I personally used with a nano 3rd gen.

I do not seem to be able to find official confirmation, however it appears this cable only has a 1 year warranty, I am surprised by this as I have a bunch of Belkin network cables that all had a lifetime warranty.

Cable Markings "AWM E257034 Freeway Style 2725 80c 30v VW-1 USB2.0 Cable"

Cable is slightly thicker and less flexible than the cable that was supplied with my nano 3rd gen.

Cable has been used to charge my ipod on both a pc, laptop, in car and with an Anker® 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (Black). I have never had any problems at any point in doing so with this cable. As you can see from the pics even after 5 months of plugging in and out the metal terminals on the cable show little sign of wear.

The USB terminal cap is made from a matt plastic, yet the 30 pin apple connecter cap is a piano black plastic and this marks and scratches very easily.

The cable is easily every bit as good as the original in terms of usability, perhaps not in terms of looks for those of the minimalist persuasion.

My main niggles with this cable is the fact that if it were a standard USB device or A to Mini B this cable would only set you back £3-4, yet the fact it has an Apple connector on one end it suddenly sets you back just short of a tenner, and to be honest for that price they could at least have added gold plated connectors or a lifetime warranty.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 16 February 2018
I needed a new iPod charger.belkin are well known and I have to say I wasn’t disappointed.delivered within 24 hours excellent service.the item is excellent and fantastic value for money.
on 26 October 2014
Very disappointed with this. Not even a year has passed and the plastic casing from the iPhone end has come apart exposing the wires inside - and a few weeks after that one of these frayed and now it doesn't work. Not what I expect of Belkin. I paid the premium for a reason, and that is quality - something clearly lacking on this item. And when it did work, it didn't charge the phone as fast as I had hoped.

Good thing amazon have sent me a replacement, but I will be thinking twice before choosing Belkin again.
review image
on 10 October 2011
I ordered this without knowing what the cable length was.
It is not mentioned in the product description, nor any of the other reviews.
The Product Description just gives the size of the box the cable comes in!
So I wanted to post a review, just to let people know the cable length.
I ordered 2 cables, one was 1M long, and the other 950mm,
so the length is "approx 1M".
Both cables work well and charge and sync all of my i-devices.
44 Comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 September 2011
Worth paying the money. I was using the £1 cables and having to replace them every month. Now that I have this belkin there is no need. It is very well made and extremely robust. I cannot see that I will have to replace this cable at all. In the long term it will save me money.
44 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 March 2017
Awesome cable really durable
on 16 December 2016
Seems to be decently made, charges my phone perfectly. No issues.
on 24 April 2014
After buying several cheaper, unbranded cables (some of which claimed to be genuine and never were) I decided that I was fed up with unreliability and plumped for a brand I trusted and expected to work well.
I am disappointed to have to report that after 4 weeks of use, one of the 2 cables started firstly to refuse to sync and then became very unreliable at charging. Rather than return the offending item I took matters into my own hands and decided to break apart the connector to see what was going on. Whilst there is clear evidence of an attempt to make a good cable (nice screening inside the connector) alas the execution of the wiring left a lot to be desired. I discovered that the multistranded screening wires were very roughly cut, they were not nicely twisted together and with some minor wiggling some of the mutant strands we're shorting to the data wire. Indeed any of the 3 wires could have been shorting together if it had been wiggled a bit more. Shame. I might have been unlucky (the other cable seems fine) but even with the best designs it often comes down to the assembly staff. Quality means nothing if operators don't do their job diligently - this one had clearly not been well trained.
on 29 June 2011
Considering the price difference between this Belkin cable, and the "cheapo" generic unbranded versions which infest Amazon and other popular web sites, I thought it would be pretty silly to buy one of the generic cables, especially when they get such variable feedback. I'm glad I did. The Belkin cable is well-made, works exactly as it should for charging and syncing, and is actually tougher and thicker than the genuine Apple cable.

It comes packaged in a Belkin box (slightly over-packaged in fact), and you know that it comes from a company who have consistent and effective quality assurance controls in place. So the chances of getting a dud are vastly lower than they are if you gamble on nameless brands which peddle cheap cables that magically cost five times as much to ship.

I have had none of the problems reported by the only one-star reviewer, as I said this cable performs exactly as it should. I don't know exactly how it could go wrong but I think smoke, sparks, molten plastic, or strange noises would all be good warning signs, and I've seen none of those.

Another reviewer mentioned the plug that connects to the phone being made from two pieces of plastic which potentially can separate. I can confirm that the plug is still manufactured in this way, so extra care needs to be taken when plugging it in and removing the phone from the cable. There are no "pinch releases" on this cable, as there are on some Apple sync cables.

All in all, not perfect but definitely recommended for the price!

[edit: 13/03/2013 - After nearly two years the plug that connects to the iPhone has finally split into two sections, principally because I trod on it. This was easily fixed with some sellotape. Still going strong!]
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 October 2015
This product is very good, Belkin products are always of a good quality and brand reliable. Investment in this cable was worth it, this is what the iPhone default cables supplied from Apple should be like rather than a thin piece of string.

This cable is nice and thick and very sturdy, to my surprise the cable length was 1.2m which is long enough, I saw some reviews with 0.9m.