on 4 October 2013
The way I see it, there are a couple of inherent problems with the original Apple cables.

Firstly, they are too short to be useful. Great if all you want to do is charge/sync your device, but about as useful as a chocolate teapot if you want to actually use your device while it's charging/syncing.
Secondly, the build quality is not great. We have numerous Apple devices in the house, each of which came with it's own cable. Every one of these cable has developed the same fault - the sleeving at the device end of the cable splits and frays.

Belkin have addressed both of these problems - the 2m length is just about perfect to allow use of the device from the couch while it's charging and the build quality is typical of Belkin - we've had this cable in daily use for the last 6 months and is showing absolutely no signs of developing the dreaded split&fray!

Incidentally, the is also no sign of that other problem synonymous with non-Apple cables - the all-too-common "charging is not supported with this accessory" message!

These Belkin cables are not cheap, however having tried numerous other (cheap) cables, including some that are advertised as being "Original", I have to say that they are well worth the additional cost!
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 March 2016
These cables are not cheap, but I know they will be of a good quality from Belkin. I needed a new synch/recharge cable for my old iPad which I still use regularly. My old Apple cable has frayed and look worse for ware.

I have tried various cheap replacement non-brand Apple cables over the years and many of them return 'that charging is not supported' message and they are usually a bit on the short side in length. If they do work they usually fray or split pretty quickly.

This cable works perfectly and is a useful length at 2m. The cable itself is slightly thicker and feels very robust compared to any other cable I have purchased, including the Apple own-brand. I am extremely happy with this product and wasn't disappointed with its quality. I'm confident it will be durable and would recommend it, especially if reliability rather than cost is your biggest concern.
on 16 July 2014
Having been through my 4th £3.99 ebay cable lasting less than a fortnight,I decided it was time to spend some money on a decent alternative. The Belkin charge cable is significantly thicker and more sturdy than any of my previous purchases and justifies its relatively high price. I've had it for a few months now and it shows 0 signs of any wear and tear. I would suggest then avoiding anything of a bargain price as you will lose out in the long run, and end up having to buy a quality item like this eventually.
on 14 September 2016
So far so good I've owned an iPhone for over 5 years and I have no idea how many chargers I've gone through its so easy to buy the chiniese made ones for 99p but they break in a week I finally decided to spend a bit more for another 2 m one as the length is really handy but when I saw the metal casing around this cable I knew I wanted to try it as that's the most common part to break first on cheaper versions and when it arrives I was surprised not only is it very well built the cable is about twice as thick as the cheap ones aswell which is great in my opinion it's allready lasted longer then every other charger I've owned bar one that I only use at night so receives much less stress when it breaks I'll get another one of theses though they look much better then the tacky aged white ones
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 July 2017
I use this cable mainly for charging my iPad 3 or connecting myClassic iPod with video (mod. 5.5) to one of my MacBook Pros. It performs either task admirably and It is made by BELKIN, one of my favourite manufacturers. Its appearance, design & construction, use of quality materials, make it one of my firm favourites.
on 31 August 2015
Broken after 3 months
review image
on 1 April 2017
Works ok but the material its covered in is very stiff and I have concerns about its long term durability. I bought it as Belkin products normally very good but the jury's out on this one.
on 7 January 2016
Purchased this for my little sister who goes through cheap cables quite often, by twisting and bending them (she's only 9). So far this one is still in great condition with no sign of any wear and tear, after a months worth of use.

I would definitely recommend purchasing this quality cable over one from the likes of Poundland.
on 4 September 2017
Works as it should, unlike some others. sturdy connection. 4 stars as it is only 120cm, not 200cm as advertised (partial refund processed by the seller, which I was happy with), but still showing as a 200cm/2m lead.. If changed, will be upgraded to 5 stars.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 March 2015
Nice.
The length is welcome, and nobody argues that it's my lead! Mine a blue!

Seriously, these seem to work very well. The standard of construction is very good as well.
It fits well without a lot of unnecessary jiggling.
IMHO I have found Belkin cables have lost their 'position' as the all round cable leader, but this is a definite exception. Excellent product.