Size: 3m|Style Name: 4 Plug|Change

on 9 January 2010
This product does what you would expect it to do - a 6-way surge protector with 3m Cable. However, the plug sockets are quite close together so if you have an oversized plug (such as for an Ikea table light) then the plug will overlap the next socket meaning you can't use 1 of the sockets.

So if you have standard plugs then this won't bother you. But if you have many oversized plugs then you might want to consider another product with more spacing between sockets.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 March 2008
We already own a large Belkin surge protector which has protected our more expensive electrical equipment in our lounge and a smaller one for our computer equipment. In our spare room we've had our games machines and a small lcd tv and never thought about protecting it until some friends were round and they explained that last year during a summer storm they had lost ever item of electrical equipment from the only room in the house they didn't have surge protection and their insurance company didn't want to know!

As all the equipment in our spare room is situated right next to sockets I didn't want to buy one with a long cable. This fits the bill perfectly and is much slimmer than the more expensive Belkin models.
on 22 March 2010
Product is exactly what it says on the label.
Very good packaging and delivery.
First rate product.
on 20 April 2011
For the price you can't get a better quality surge protector and the 3m cable is exactly the distance I needed it to be. No complaints what so ever.
on 15 September 2009
Good bit of kit. Smallish size for a 4 gang and built well. Could do with a power switch on it but other than that a great product at a great price.
on 11 August 2013
I bought three of these surge protectors, two with a 1m cable and one with a 3m cable, for a project which required 14 (low-power) appliances to be plugged in. I was looking for a good quality surge protected power strip with small footprint and mounting holes on the bottom, and this fit the bill.

The build quality is quite good and I can imagine these lasting for a long time. I've had other similar products before that felt very flexy, but this is made from quality materials. The cable feels quite stiff as most inexpensive PVC flex does.

For most uses I would look for a power strip with switched sockets and indicator lights. This has neither of those.

There are mounting holes on the back of the strip. I wanted to hang the strip on the wall so I drilled a couple of holes on the wall, inserted some flat head screws and hung the strip on them. Be aware that the mounting holes are very shallow and a normal pan-head screw wouldn't work.

Due to the compact footprint the sockets are fairly close to each other. I had to plug both kettle leads and USB chargers into these, and had to alternate them in order to make them fit in the sockets. The strip is also quite narrow which allows the earthing pin of a plug to be inserted with the plug upside down, bypassing the safety shutters in the socket. This is not a major problem but may potentially make the product a little less child-proof.

Overall, this feels like a good product, compact and better built than most leads of a similar design. I'll probably end up buying more of these in the future.
Belkin, along with Masterplug are my primary choices when it comes to purchasing surge protectors. They have always served me well in the past and provided protection to my electronic products over the ears.

The package arrived earlier than expected, and was secure in its packaging. On removing the packaging, I was impressed with the usual high build quality of the Belkin product. It is assembled so well and ready to use immediately.

On this occasion, I needed a 3 metre length cable with 6 sockets. It wasn't essential for me to have a switch for each of the sockets, as I situated the unit in the guest room, and it would essentially be used to plug in a TV, radio and oil filled radiator. The other 3 sockets are free, and could be used for a laptop, tablet, charging a mobile etc.

At the end of the cable, there is a sign with the word 'protected' and under this there is a continuous green light on to indicate that the surge protection capabilities are in operation in case of an outage.

I am very pleased with the product, and the extra metre length certainly adds more versatility and connectivity permutations to the vis-a-vis the number of products than can be plugged into it.

I have never had a Belkin surge protector extension cable ever let me down and regularly find more and more reasons to purchase them for myself and my family. Doubtless, it won't be long before I order again.
on 3 August 2009
A cheap & simple but effective way to protect up to 4 electrical items. Made by Belkin who are a renowned company in this field of expertise.
on 16 February 2010
I have used Belkin Surge Protector products in the past, and they have proved invaulable in protecting TVs, Computers etc.... The size and number of plugs on this one make it ideal for use behind your TV making sure you DVD players, Sky Box etc... are all protected. Most people will need extension caables, and you might as well pay a few quid more and protect all your expensive electronics.
on 15 July 2016
This is one of the smallest surge protected extension cords that has 4 sockets. It fits nicely into an Ikea cable tidy and means my PC and related equipment is protected in the case of a power surge - Very important to me. The LED is a nice touch to, easing my mind by telling me my stuff is safe! The cable is also quite thick which is good and may help prevent the insulation stripping prematurely. However, some people may struggle populating all the sockets with wide plugs (such as those with large transformers built into them) - most normal plugs should fit just fine though. I can't deduct a point for this as most power strips are plagued by this problem.

I have had it just over 6 months, but expect it to last much longer, as it is built solidly. It is a solid buy at just a fiver.