on 26 February 2016
 The Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone provides excellent quality for the price. This song was recorded just using this mic and a Mac so you can hear how clear the recording is. Totally recommend it!
57 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 30 July 2015
I'm not one for writing reviews but in the case of this microphone I couldn't help myself, I have been doing YouTube for a while now and I wanted something a bit more professional but I didn't want to spent a lot then I found this microphone, I was a bit sceptic because of the price but when I received the microphone I was shocked at how nice it looked and how it was packaged, I also liked how heavy it was this was signs of a good microphone, so later on that day I plugged it in and set everything up and to my surprise even the quality of my voice was crystal I couldn't believe it for a condenser microphone this cheap, if you want my advice, when buying this microphone you should also consider getting a phantom power mixer an xlr cable and a mount of some kind, that's if your new to recording, also do not try to plug directly into your computer unless you have a sound card that can power it other wise the mice will not perform very well, I think some of the problems other people are having are due to them not setting up the microphone correctly or not having a phantom power supply, but on a whole as long as you have this microphone set up correctly the result should be excellent.
MY SET UP INCLUDES:
Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone
Wharfedale Pro Connect 502 USB Mini Mixer with USB and 48V Phantom Power
Stagg 3m High Quality XLR to XLR Plug Microphone Cable
Broadcast Microphone MIC Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Mic Stand Studio Recording
3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 2 x 6.35mm Mono Audio Cable - 2 Metres
Skytronic 6.35mm Male Stereo Jack to 2x 6.35mm Female Stereo Jack Adaptor
Recommended Set of items if buying this microphone.
10 people found this helpful
on 27 August 2017
A great microphone. Good professional sound.

Unless you have the hearing of a Long Eared Owl I doubt you need to spend much more on a microphone for home recording etc.

I have used this microphone and have no issues with recommending it at all. Behringer gear can sometimes be a bit hit an miss according to some, and I would agree with that sentiment to some degree. I think this mic is pretty dependable and even if it breaks, if you get it at a good price then it is still far more competitive than buying an expensive brand named mic.

This is good enough.
on 11 April 2018
I bought this cheap microphone for recording a couple of theatre productions. It's very basic, but the sound quality was decent, with no noticeable hum or distortion.

I found it able to pick up a decent area around the microphone, allowing recording of a live play at a reasonable gain level without adding too much noise. I've had it connected both to a Behringer mixer and a Behringer UMC404HD sound card, and it's worked well in all usage so far.

I admit I'm no expert in sound engineering, and I don't have much experience of other microphones. But you're unlikely to find many or any other new microphones at a lower price than this, so if you need a basic condenser mic at a low price then I think this will do fine - certainly for spoken word recordings. I don't have the ears or experience to judge its suitability for music, but I'm perfectly happy with it for the uses I've had. I've also recorded a couple of quick voice-overs with it, and the audio was clear and noiseless and quite satisfactory.

If you're on a budget I think this is a good buy.
One person found this helpful
on 16 June 2017
From the product reviews, it seems like if you buy this microphone you run the risk of getting a unit which suffers from the effects of poor manufacturing or QC. That is clearly the case with the one I bought. If I turn the gain up to reasonable recording levels I get an incredibly loud hum which ruins any potential recording.
I have tried the mic connected to a mixer that provides phantom power as well as with a seperate, isolated phantom power unit and had exactly the same effect when connecting to my interface. I am not going to waste time post-processing to try and recover any audio. I am just going to save up and buy a better mic (and that is what you should do too).
I don't suppose I can really complain too much. After all, it is a c. £40 condenser mic. You pays your money and you takes your choice...
4 people found this helpful
on 19 October 2015
This is a superb condenser microphone at a great price. It's solidly built and looks quality. Sound recording quality is top notch and it's inspiring to use with voice or for recording instruments. The set up I use with this mic for recording to PC or my Tascam Portastudio is Behringer C-1 microphone to Behringer phantom power supply PS400 [48v], on to a Behringer mixer the Xenyx 302 USB then to PC or portastudio.
That's great for recording direct in to Audacity or Garageband or whatever software you choose. Just make sure you balance your mixer settings carefully to the C-1 and you'll make good quality recordings. I think a lot of people use this microphone for podcasting. If you have a mixer that provides 48v phantom power then no need for the PS400.
The C-1 comes in a good quality black plastic case that provides excellent protection if needed... that was a surprise on receipt and I liked that a lot. There is a low level red light on the front to indicate that phantom power is being received... the C-1 is uni-directional receiving sound directly in to its front.

The C-1 is a class condenser and I think where reviewers talk about hiss it is almost certain that they are not setting their mixer up correctly. There are examples on YouTube showing you how to do this properly to get the best results from your C-1 or any microphone.

A terrific versatile condenser microphone for your home studio.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 February 2016
I purchased this for recording my acoustic guitar,I plugged it in my interface and was surprised at how good it was for the money, it has a nice natural sound,the only gripe I have is the microphone clip , it just won't tighten enough for the microphone to stay in position and keeps moving down away from the guitar. I have marked 4 stars for the microphone but I really think the Microphone clip should be made better so it doesn't move. I can't do any recording at the moment until I resolve this issue which is a bit annoying.
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 16 January 2017
Highly recommended, but you need to do your homework before ordering it - you need phantom power (ideally, from your existing mixer, if not, from a dedicated power source), and you need to buy an XLR lead. I think some of the small number of negative reviews may be down to people not having the correct set-up.
I plugged my C-1 straight into a Behringer 1202FX mixer, using the XLR socket, pressed the 48v power button on the mixer and it all worked perfectly. Nice and easy, no fuss and absolutely crystal clear sound, no noise. For the price, I was really, really surprised and pleased with how good it is.
on 2 April 2016
I'm a vocalist and I bought this microphone two years ago. I'm only eventually writing a review because I just purchased a more expensive condenser mic. Regarding the debate of whether this mic is 'crystal clear' or noisy, I have to say, I agree with the latter. When I purchased this mic, I was only first experimenting with my home studio - I was very impressed with the sound. Through experimentation and my education at uni, I became no longer oblivious to the mic's noises and muffling around last year. To produce vocals to your best standard, this is not the right mic. It is great for if you are just beginning to try home recording.
4 people found this helpful
on 24 August 2014
The first thing to bear in mind here is what you might expect from a pretty inexpensive microphone. I wasn't expecting much but needed a spare on hand for a specific purpose so thought I'd try one of these out in the hope that it would be good enough as a back up.

From that perspective this is a fantastic microphone. Perfectly functional and does it's job well. I was very surprised by the quality given the price tag and have used it much more extensively than I'd intended to on initial purchase as it works well enough, and definitely good enough in a home setting.

Of course there are much better microphones out there, but for this kind of money I suspect you'll not find one that's better value.
5 people found this helpful