- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2118 KB
- Print Length: 89 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Andrei Dan; 1 edition (4 Feb. 2016)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01BI04ESO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #338,025 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Beginning Web Development with Python: from prototype to production with flask, tornado and nginx Kindle Edition
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. All of the directories changed from "application/" to "app/" in the middle of Chapter 3.
2. Also in Chapter 3, the "import models, forms" statement needs to be removed from app/__init__.py (NOTE that this should actually be application/__init__.py). The models and forms don't exist yet and cause errors.
It would have been helpful to include more configuration details for nginx and apache.
Overall, the book was short and sweet and practical and cheap. So, pretty good!
- Signing up and use of a cloud VPS using DigitalOcean
- Installing Ubuntu and then loading up the components needed
- Writing a very simple web application using Flask
- Using PyCharm to develop a more sophisticated application
The examples simply work, it helps if the reader is am accomplished Linux user, is comfortable using the command line and has done some coding for the web and Python. If you have these skills and want to try writing web applications using Python and Flask this is an excellent starting point.