- Paperback: 700 pages
- Publisher: WROX Press Ltd; 01 edition (1 Jun. 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1861003145
- ISBN-13: 978-1861003140
- Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 18.6 x 3.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,383,666 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Beginning Perl (Programmer to Programmer) Paperback – 1 Jun 2000
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Publisher
The book promotes the use of Perl as a programming language, encouraging the creation of legible and sensible programs so as to dispel the image of Perl as a confusing and obscure language. In other words: Don't worry, whatever your current experience level in the world of Perl, this book has something for you.
It covers both basic and advanced aspects of Perl, Apache modPerl and Perlscript for use with Wintel systems and stresses the cross-platform nature of Perl, with extensive examples and techniques.
Top Customer Reviews
the book is suddenly written with much higher expectations of the knowledge of the reader. For CGI scripting the CGI scripting 101 by Jaqueline HAmilton is more comprehensive and easier to follow.
Nevertheless if your budget doesn't stretch to buying several of the o'reilly perl books this book will get you to a stage where you can develop quite complicated programs.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Unfortunately, it doesn't cover the Perl debugger in any depth. Despite the fact that coverage is a bit old, it is quite adequate to get started and be very comfortable with the language. I wish it was available on Kindle.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Introduction
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Scripting & Programming