From the Back Cover
Beginning Julia Programming takes you beyond these basics to harness Julia's powerful features for mathematical functions in Julia, arrays for matrix operations, plotting, and more. Along the way, you also learn how to manage strings, write functions, work with control flows, and carry out I/O to implement and leverage the mathematics needed for your data science and analysis projects.
"Julia walks like Python and runs like C." This phrase explains why Julia is quickly growing as the most favored option for data analytics and numerical computation. After reading and using this book, you'll have the essential knowledge and skills to build your first Julia-based application.
- Obtain core skills in Julia
- Apply Julia in engineering and science applications
- Work with mathematical functions in Julia
- Use arrays, strings, functions, control flow, and I/O in Julia
- Carry out plotting and display basic graphics