Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas with Elvis Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 28 June 2010
if you enjoy reading and enjoy fantasy stories, you'll love this. it's basically childhood stories told for adults with a bit of dialogue on how adults still relate to these stories at night. great night-time soporific listening. she has a lovely soothing voice and her story -telling abilities are second to none. relaxing and appealing; about time adults had someone to read them a bed-time story!
on 22 August 2004
Through ideas and stories that Clarissa Pinkola Estes presents in Bedtime stories, I have discovered more internal space that opens up before going to calm deep sleep. I love the smoothness and non-hurriness of her voice, and I enjoy the rythm through which she directs you into being with yourself. This is listening material to remind you of important things.
She says that "adulthood is only a disguise we wear during nightime". And here is her gift to us of wonderful bedtime stories that you will enjoy no matter if you are in touch with your inner child or not :)
on 10 August 2009
I have alot of respect for Clarissa Pinkola Estes. I have read her book 'women who run with wolves', which I think is excellent, and have her audio cd 'warming of the stone child', which I have also enjoyed listening to and have found interesting. She has a very calming and easy to listen to voice so off on a good start with that, however I was slightly disappointed by the content and length (approximately an hour) of the cd. Perhaps it is that I have already come across half of these tales already (for instance, the tale of sleeping beauty takes up half the running time) that made me feel slightly cheated. However despite this, it still made enjoyable listening, and was a nice change to evening reading - or falling asleep after reading my 5 year old son a bedtime story! I certainly intend to listen to it every so often so will keep hold of it. It was not a bad buy as such, just that I was expecting, perhaps, too much, or something slightly different. I would recommend it.
on 17 April 2014
This is definitely the most effective remedy so far for my insomnia. I love this piece of work although I have to date never heard it in its entirety! Clarissa Pinkola Estes is a brilliant story teller, this is one of many of her works I hold in either audio or written format. Highly recommend for those struggling with sleep and had a childhood love of fairy tales.
on 22 November 2011
The content is fantastic but the product was terrible as it only played properly once and since then starts to jump halfway through. Money wasted!
on 7 April 2013
This cd is wonderful to drift off to sleep with. A real treat for all who love to hear Dr Estes tell stories.