on 27 January 2015
This is the first book in the series (when you're ready, move on to Doing Magic, and then Advanced Magic - DON'T skip ahead!) These books function as an absolutely straight-forward, very well-written, no-nonsense guide to what some people might call the Law of Attraction - but as the author makes clear, it's not really a Law, and it's not really about Asking. It's more about changing your mind-set and your beliefs, being OK with everything that happens, getting into a non-grasping, non-chasing, non-complaining state, and seeing what happens! In a way, the book has more in common with ideas about mindfulness and really excellent 'self help' books such as Stop Thinking, Start Living than it does with many of the Law of Attraction, Cosmic Ordering concepts. It hardly costs anything to buy, so I strongly suggest you download 'Becoming Magic' now, and work your way up to 'Advanced'. If you're interested in Law of Attraction and manifesting desires, in feeling better, in freeing yourself from negative thinking, or you're just a self-help book junkie, then you've found something amazing here. The last thing I will say is that yes, THESE LITTLE BOOKS HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE; revolutionised the way I see the world and myself; transformed the way I behave; inspired me into becoming someone who thinks of themselves as naturally happy and positive (and who others see that way too!) and I have, by reading and applying the ideas in these books over several months, started to feel pretty darn good a lot of the time. I plan on writing to the author one day to thank her.
on 8 July 2014
I‘m so glad I came across this little book. I used to be able to "do it", my friends always used the word "jammy" to describe me, as utterly ridiculous things used to happen! My assistant used to ask if I had been "witchy witchying" again, when I simply stated something and these amazing things just happened. Then something changed. At some point I changed and stopped believing in myself. Everything that could go wrong was going wrong in my life, my friends started saying "don't worry, these things come in 3's", then we got to 7,8,9......and I genuinely had no idea what I was going to do.

Then a few days ago this little book "randomly" appeared in my kindle recommendations. I had nothing to lose and bought it. I read it. And then started to follow the very simple steps of rebuilding the magical powers that I knew I always had. After 4 days of my gratitude diary it is definitely starting to work, tiny thoughts, with the solutions presenting themselves within hours..... and multiples already! I'm constantly looking for positives, and have realized just how negative I had become. It apparently takes 3 weeks of doing something before it becomes a habit, so I will stick to book 1 til then and we'll see what book 2 holds.... If nothing else at least stopping moaning will ensure I am no longer being an oxygen thief and zapping the positivity from both myself and everyone around me!

I don't normally leave reviews, but if you are still cynical that this little book is hocus pocus, take my favourite author Roald Dahl's advice:

..." And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you, for the greatest secrets are always found in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it".....
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2014
I usually have a positive outlook on life, but sometimes life can be relentlessly brutal (or so it feels), and if like me you don’t like to wallow in self-pity or get beaten in the face of adversity, then you’ll feel that getting out of this rut is mostly up to you. That frame of mind will, sooner or later, lead you to the Law of Attraction. Yep, been there, done that. I for one sure have contributed to the financial wellbeing of Wayne Dyer, Esther & Jerry Hicks and Rhonda Byrne. But if that does not work, then what’s left? That’s when the little ray of sunshine that is this book comes in through I don’t know which cracks, literally like a godsend message.

The first page had me believe that it was written directly for me and I caught myself nodding in assent. I could not put it down and read it in one go (admittedly, it’s not that big). The kindle edition has a few typos, missing words or superfluous ones, but that is easily overlooked and does not impair the understanding. This book is part one of two, and you’re supposed to read them in order, at least a few weeks apart: do not cheat!

At some point, Genevieve Davis asks you to write down 3 things that you’re grateful for, and I thought: “yea, right, that might work the first day, but not after that.” I have to confess that I am unable to follow her instructions and write down my blessings, because otherwise I would be constantly writing. This book, so far, does not bring you “things” (although now I’m not so sure anymore) but it open your eyes to everything good in your life, big or small, and even the lows become just a slight delay whilst the relief of the near-misses adds to the list of things to rejoice for. It makes you feel that you’re too busy feeling happy and grateful about what you already have to think of wanting more: in our era of consumer-driven society, what a feat!

I have never come across such a book; it cost me less than £2 and the benefits I reap are priceless; how come it is not in everyone’s hand, bookshelf or kindle yet, I do not understand.
Read it and be happy!
on 20 April 2014
After reading soooo many books, and I mean soooooo many books on the law of attraction, this book came to me as a breath of fresh air. The author explains why we block ourselves from receiving our wishes in a simple yet convincing ways.And you feel her sincerity through out the pages. Although I was exposed to the information of how complaining, gossip, etc other negative acts that we are so used to practising unintentionally can lower our vibration and block our manifestations, yet the way it was presented in this book is what I needed to be reminded.
So I am declaring today 21/04/2014 ( what a perfect date!) to be the first day of the rest of my life. I will practice being magic for a couple of weeks before I move to doing magic in my life.
Bless!
on 21 April 2014
...though, to be fair, the author justifiably hates New Age baloney. This is a thought-provoking book -in a good way - and it struck me that what Genevieve Davis is really talking about is existentialism: i.e. the world is what you make it. She calls it 'magic', but what she's talking about, very clearly and sensibly, is the fact that your beliefs and actions directly influence your world. So, this is a lovely introduction to a philosophy from a very different angle.
on 22 April 2014
I knew I was meant for something bigger. I've always felt I have a power,and can make things happen.
Then in my 30's, I started to watch the news,the misery etc..life was not that powerful...things started to happen that weren't supposed to.
Now I know why.
I'm back on track with believing ..feeling special,happy...now let's see everything fall into place again.

Best book ever!! Someone who understands exactly how I feel.....I believe once more.
Get the book, get the life you always knew was yours to have....I cannot recommend this little boom enough.don't waste anymore time...just do it!
on 9 April 2016
Take the time to read this & to follow the instructions....It works ! It will change your entire perspective & Good things will happen, they may be small, but you will notice them, & thank whatever circumstances that bring your Blessings to you, & more Good things will happen. Since reading this, I have watched my grumpiness & irritability over things I can`t change, become less intense & of shorter duration, & I am noticing many more Blessings , re discovering Music & GIVING MORE OF MYSELF.
on 31 March 2014
I really enjoyed this book. Couldn't put it down and finished it in one session. I downloaded it when for free and didn’t really know what to expect, but I was surprised to find that I really did learn a lot. I’ve read a lot of these sorts of self help/Law of Attraction books before but this is the first one I have left a review for.

What really impressed me is that this categorically isn’t a case of same of re-hashed ideas. Most of the things she talks about with regard to why the Law of Attraction doesn’t always work were completely new to me and although they initially seemed counter-intuitive, the author explains why the current dogma has basically got it backwards and why so many people give up when they fail at achieving what they want (me included).

The reasons she gives are pretty surprising but they struck a chord in me and made me genuinely excited to put these new ideas into practise. I have only just finished reading and I think I may read it again straight away but I can't wait to start playing with 'Magic'.
on 8 June 2014
I have read many books about the law of attraction and I can honestly say this is one of the very best. I would recommend this book without hesitation, it is a joy to read and lots of the techniques the author suggests really do work.
on 28 May 2014
Good read but personally I think it was a bit too slow at the beginning, the overall message and guidance techniques kick in about more than half way through the book and I think the techniques and guidances can really be summed up in smaller bullet points advice and wud be more effective to the reader if the book was even half the length it was but that's just my own opinion, I've just read it, I'm going to go over the book again with a notebook and pen and bullet point the advice and techniques that are important, will follow the advice nevertheless and hope for the best, wish everyone looking to attract positive goals/aspirations and positive energies in their lives every hope n success in their endeavours, May we all be guided to the true path of enlightenment and happiness