- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown & Company; 1st Pbk. Ed edition (4 Oct. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0316166820
- ISBN-13: 978-0316166829
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.9 x 21 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (24 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 8,967 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
On Becoming Fearless: A Road Map for Women Paperback – 4 Oct 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A pithy, inspiring, instructive and straight-to-the-point manifesto for women on how to be fearless, from one who knows: New York Times bestselling author, columnist, and activist Arianna Huffington.
About the Author
Huffington is a nationally syndicated columnist and author who ran for governor in California’s recall election (2003). Her latest venture is The Huffington Post (huffingtonpost.com), a website with blogs by prominent figures from politics, Hollywood, corporate America and the media.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Given the poor ratio of sage advice to word count, I struggled to sustain interest to the end, though I'm glad I got there as the last chapter on changing the world is the best part of the book and quite inspiring. However, overall I really can't recommend it unless you are already a fan of hers from other work, as I think there are much better books about feminism and self actualization to spend your time and money on.
I would strongly recommend purchasing this book if you want something inspirational and honest. I did not find the author to be in any way arrogant/self-absorbed as has been suggested in some other reviews of this book.
I did not enjoy the chapter on God but the rest was brilliant.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great book by a great woman. I don't want to give anything away but mine is now covered in sticky notes from the inspiration I gained.Published 17 months ago by Geo West
This book is OK... I couldn't finish it though as some of the advice/motivation given is so cliché...Published 20 months ago by Ally
Life changing ,the book so engaging. I made realIze to let go of my fears and do think what I w :) with my career and be bit more fearless about , jump right in.Published 20 months ago by Minxa25
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Women in History
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies > Feminist Criticism