on 4 August 2014
I don't know why but I wasn't expecting this book to be as good as the first, but I think it was actually better. I loved Trace and Embers story and forgot that like this one there was actually an interesting mystery being solved all the while, which is unexpected for this type of book. It was full of suspense and certainly not just overindulgent on Lucien and Darcy's story, although that was wonderful too and certainly enjoyed the sexy. It was also fantastic that all the other characters were just as much featured in this book with some great new ones to boot. A truly awesome and well deserved 5 stars from me.
on 29 July 2014
How do you follow Beautifully Damaged? With Beautifully Forgotten! This is Lucien's story, and though it's origins aren't as dark as Trace's, that doesn't mean that there's not any angst. For Lucien, the story goes way back to when he arrived at the orphanage, and from then on it only twists and turns, especially once Darcy enters his life. You find out just how Lucien ended up with his mob connections, and why are the Carmichaels so intent on ruining him. Yes, Dane is back and we get answers as to why he went after Ember. Trace and Ember's story continues, and Heidi still won't leave them alone - just what does she have on Trace??? The Michaels make a few appearances as they intrinsic to the plot lines. So this one twists, turns, and will make you cry. And for good measure, there's a cranky old nun thrown into the mix too. Enjoy the ride!
on 1 August 2014
What a story line I have read beautifully damaged and thought that book was excellent but this one beats it hands down the characters were brilliant the story had twists and turns everything you want in a book I recommend this book to anyone who likes a great read
on 3 August 2014
Having loved Beautifully Damaged, I was really looking forward to reading Beautifully Forgotten and catching up with Trace and Ember as well as seeing Lucien's story unfold. I felt the start was a bit slow but it really picked up in the middle and I really liked the relationship between the characters. I think Fiore managed to interlink the stories really well so that readers got both Trace and Ember and Lucien and Darcy's stories.

A big part of the story was about the mystery behind Lucien and Darcy's childhood romance and how they had become separated. I thought some of this was quite confusing. It was a spiders web of mystery which was nice to have alongside the romance side of the story but overall I found it a bit hard to keep up with who was who and what had happened. Some of it felt a little over complicated
on 3 October 2014
Oh Flipping Heck! I loved Beautifully Damaged, loved it but this was amazing.

I loved how Lucian was a tough hard man, but always looking out for his friends, how he helped Ember with getting Trace's cooking school off the ground.

Lucian and Trace are best friends and have been for a good few years. Lucian was also a very astute businessman, not without his fair share of no so legal dealings in his younger years.

I enjoyed the first third of the book, where we were having flashbacks on how Lucian was as a young man.

I loved Darcy, spunky, tough but with a sweetness to her, again we get flashbacks and learn about her history too.

They were linked, everything appears to be linked to St Agnes, Hells Kitchen.

Lucian and Darcy were childhood sweethearts, who fell deeply in love, but circumstances separated them, only to find their way back to each other 14 years later.

Their first meeting, the job interview, OOH I wasn't having the same nice feelings towards Lucian as I had from 'Damaged'.

They both still have feelings for each other, but years of festering hate and anger got the better of them. I felt like I was getting whiplash.

I loved the mystery surrounding Lucian and Darc, so many branches. So many people entwined into the mystery; the thrill of learning all about how the good and bad were so intricately interlinked.

Once Lucian and Darcy got over their anger they began to take up where they left off.

It was lovely to witness them becoming re-acquainted and to feel the love coming back to them.

Trace and Ember were with them every step of the way, learning more about their pasts; Ember seemed to love a good mystery.

Really great catching up with them both, seeing how their lives were moving on.

We learn about Trace's family woohoo, what a secret!

Then we learn about Darcy's Mom being paid to keep things quiet - Oh my word! my heart was in my mouth.

Whilst Lucian and Darcy had done well for themselves, we learned more about how the circumstances that had separated them.

Such a web of intrigue. This was going to take a lot to unravel, and to tie up all the loose ends.

A fab story, with some great diversions, certainly keeping the pages turning.

Lovely news for Trace and Ember and as heart breaking as it was the ending was perfect.

I was really happy for Darcy & Lucian, finding the missing piece of their tortured lives, falling back in love with each other, being reunited and getting on with their future.

The conclusion was great bringing everything together again, a second chance at love with the mystery of how their lives were so intertwined.
on 9 August 2014
What can I say. Beautifully Forgotten is a brilliant story. Lucien and Darcy's story will have you laughing, crying and wanting more. One of those books that you want to finish because you need to know what happens but once you do you feel like you've lost a friend. The Beautifully Damaged series is amazing and I hope there is more to come.
on 30 July 2014
omg i didnt think beautifully damaged could be topped but this book is just as good . i loved the different pov from all characters . the twist n turns the story was so gripping i loved reading more on trace and ember ..loved it full stop.....go buy it you will love it too
on 4 August 2014
For a few pages I was imagining how to write and rant at you tor what I thought you had typed concerning the paternity of Seth. But thankfully you never let us down. True love will conquer all and if it's meant to be then it will be. Another beautiful and heartwarming story of a love that is honest and powerful. Thank you.
on 30 July 2014
what another amazing story from a brilliant author.I loved trace and embers story and didn't think it could be matched. This book had it all love mystery and a whole range of emotions. Would highly recommend it to anyone.
on 26 August 2014
A great sequel to the series, I enjoyed this book better than the first (Beautifully Damaged). The story unravels further from the first book but this time its' Lucien's story and you get both the male and female POV. You also see a lot more of Trace and Ember as well as Dane and Lena from the first book because they are so intertwined in the story telling. There was a lot of jumping from scene to scene which was hard to keep up with at times for example I was just getting into the characters of Lena and Lucien and their relationship when the story suddenly jumps to Dane, then it flips back in time to the past with either Lena or Lucien. Having said that, I think that the author has her own unique style and narrative and held the story together so well with lots of twists and turns that you are kept intrigued and interested to the very end. Really happy with their HEA and loved Lucien's cave man attitude towards Darcy and how she stood up to him. Definitely recommended.