Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 January 2017
I think this may be Russell Crowe's standout performance. Forget Gladiator, this actually showed that he could act.

I love this film, perhaps because I can relate to the main character a little more than I really should be able too.

This is a fantastic film about one of the greatest mathematicians of all time. The kind of people films should be made about. The recent film 'The Man Who Knew Infinity' is very similar, and also a thing of beauty.

A Beautiful Mind is a powerful yet touching movie, that allows you a glimpse into the broken mind of a genius.

This is definitely a film that you can watch again and again and get something new from it every time.

I love it.
on 29 July 2017
Know this film very well and use if frequently as part of a Schizophrenia module in A level psychology - it depicts schizophrenia an a way which raises understanding and treats it seriously rather than parodying the symptoms.
In my view the main performances (Crowe, Connelly and Harris) are outstanding and the story is well paced, I also like the way it requires attention to what is going on on screen.
It's however a film and some of the criticisms about it being a sanitised version of John Nash's life may well be justified, but that does not detract from the overall achievement of a watchable film which clarifies some of the issues with the condition, as well as mapping the life of an influential mathematician.
on 24 May 2017
Fantastic Movie. I saw it years ago but bought this DVD for my collection. Russell Crow is a great artist and this is so obvious in this movie.
on 30 July 2017
an excellent film for showing folk 'that just don't understand', debate provoking and a reminder to some of us where we have been.
on 15 July 2017
This would have been a good film if one was able to hear the speech. Even when the volume was at its highest one had to strain to hear it A great pity.
on 20 November 2013
A true story. Russell Crowe turns into a great actor in this. More so than even Gladiator. Watched it a lot and am still moved to tear every time.A must watch film. In fact I lent this out and it never came back. This is a replacement copy for me. No more lending.
on 28 August 2017
Awesome film, even though I got a bit lost in places, I learnt something from it. A must watch.
on 7 September 2017
DVD on Amazon are cheap here and the DVD followed suit
on 30 July 2017