Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 14 January 2015
Over the years, I have bought just about every Richard Marx album (other than those compilations where I already have the tracks on other CD's).
I love his voice, but wondered if he could offer anything new......From first play, I was hooked...his voice just seems to get better & better......
I read someone else's critique that said it was only spoiled by the fact that with one exception, they're all ballads......Yep, true....but for me, this takes nothing away....each & every song tells a story.......
Would definitely recommend this CD to anyone......hardened Marx fans & total newbies!
on 12 August 2014
There are people....yes I work with them..who have never heard Right Here Waiting, Hazard and Angelia..well they do not know what they are missing! Look, this guys voice gives me goosebumps everywhere so Lord knows what he does to the Ladies! This album was well worth the wait...I have been lucky enough to see him (with my ex...who LOVES him!) at The Shepherds Bush Empire and The royal Albert Hall both in good old London Town. He even played to us without a microphone...wow. Turn Off The Night is probably my favourite here...but hey this is Tricky at his best so come on what did you expect??...loads of strings? yep...sighs? check!...very sexy lyrics? you betcha ..inside of you?..yes indeedy!..friends do become lovers after that moment!! Jane..this is why we haven't yet and probably won't... i want to be your friend forever! Look just buy the damned thing...oh and try to see him live!
on 14 July 2014
I think Richard Marx is a highly underrated artist and so was really looking forward to this album. I must say it didn't quite reach the heights I was expecting. The production is very high quality even if it relies heavily on synthesised sounds, drum machines etc. Marx's voice is in good form although his performance is quite understated, perhaps the sign of a maturing man. My main issues are that there is only one upbeat number on the album (that is really insufficient to maintain most people's interest) and that lyrically it is all a bit samey in a mushy love sort of way. Nevertheless it is very listenable. It has some good melodic content and is good 'mood' music with quite an orchestral feel at times. I will certainly give it a chance by giving it a few more plays.

For now, I think is really a 3.5 star disc but Amazon's limited ratings system means I have to round the score up or down. I decided by a thin margin to round it up.
on 29 August 2014
Another great album by Richard Marx and long overdue. The only slight disappointment is the fact that 3 of the songs on this album were on his previous "Sunrise" album. Aside from that, its a master class in song writing and production. The song "Inside" being by personal favourite.
on 8 August 2014
Great new album from Richard Marx, am a fan already so know what a great songwriter he is both for other artists or in this instance on his first album for a while. Especially like 'Like The World is Ending' and 'Getaway' not so keen on the title track, not one of my favourites of his, but love the other tracks.
on 3 August 2014
Amazing as always Simply adore Richard a beautil album I recommend ALL his albums such an apt title for a beautiful singer/composer like his Dad.
on 21 August 2014
Way, way too many ballads, I'm afraid. First song's decent enough, but then goes down hill rapidly. Major disappointment after Emotional Remains. Sad really, as I think hes best when he's performing rock songs.
on 9 March 2015
Fantastic album of well written songs showing a more softer, side to Richard as opposed to the more rockier material of his past albums
on 7 October 2014
An album full of beautiful songs- Richard Marx is under rated as a singer/songwriter he can make brilliant music whatever the tempo.
on 28 July 2014
Yeah brilliant cd well worth the wait, postage was excellent very pleased with purchase.