Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
I will ship by EMS or SAL items in stock in Japan. It is approximately 7-14days on delivery date. You wholeheartedly support customers as satisfactory. Thank you for you seeing it.
Top Customer Reviews
This record might not be an example of Garbage at their darkest, but listening closely to the lyrics of many of the songs on this album you can tell that it's easily the most melancholy (themes of depression, suicide etc) and yet when combined with such unique instrumentation, resounding beats and rousing music the end result is something infused with a raging, positive energy and isn't in the least bit gloomy.
But then I felt it all went wrong with the tracks chosen to be released as singles and to represent this totally unique album. Track 2- `Androgyny' (8/10) was an obvious and probably a very wise choice for the initial single release- catchy, almost over-produced, but very mainstream. Where as `Shut Your Mouth' (7/10) I felt was just too obvious. It's solid, but somehow uninspired considering the exceptional variety of songs on the album. And then just when you think the record company will take a chance and prove to everyone how powerful a punch this album really packs- they go and release track 7- `Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!)' (6/10), which is catchy, but basically fluff.
It's the experimental tracks (and the best in my opinion) that really deserved to be released.Read more ›
1. Shut Your Mouth. Good. This song is a grower. Some of the lines really stick in your head, and there are some quite clever lyrics. Shirley's singing at the end is very similar to her singing at the end of "Temptation Waits", the opening track on Version 2.0.
2. Androgyny. Hmm ... fans of the first two albums will probably have found this track highly disappointing. Far too poppy. If you fall into this category, then please don't let your (probably immense) dislike of this track stop you from buying the album. God knows why this one made it onto the album, let alone as the choice for the first single.
3. Can't Cry These Tears. A strong track that informs you, after the horror of Androgyny, that the old magic is still there. It has a really Christmassy feel! A real singalong number, really reminds the me of Angelfish in a big way, especially the last song on their album - "The End". Have a listen, and you'll see what I mean. It's a very 60s sounding song, and quite poppy but not in a bad way. Apparently it might be a single, but I think it is too explorative to be one, its more garbage trying out an idea than traditional of their music style.
4. Till The Day I Die. Hmm ... a bit to poppy for my liking, but the verse are kindy cool and catchy, and compared to Androgyny, it's GOLDEN.
5. Cup Of Coffee. A wonderful beautiful perfect song. More please! It sums up obsession with its lyrics, sound, everything. Its just so sweet and sad! The album is worth buying for. This one alone.
6. Silence Is Golden. Good, old-style, first album style garbage with intelligent lyrics and lots of guitar ...Read more ›
As many have pointed out the sound tends towards pop on numerous occasions but this certainly is not a bad thing. Version 2.0 had much of the same, Beautiful Garbage is a diverse experience.
Starting off with Shut Your Mouth was not perhaps the best of decisions, to me it is one of the weaker songs. This said it is also like the 'Garbage of old', angry and tough in sound.
Highlights on the album, of which there are plenty come in the form of the excellent Cherry Lips (the best song on the album in my opinion), the haunting chilled sounds of Cup Of Coffee and So Like A Rose, the pop sounding Untouchable and Breaking Up The Girl and the truly beautiful ballad, Drive You Home. Most of the album is good and varied. Till The Day I Die, Parade and Androgyny being pleasant but nothing to make them really stand out in an album of good songs. The few let downs come in the form of the sickly sweet, tacky Can't Cry These Tears, the headache inducing Silence Is Golden and the somewhat dull Nobody Loves You.
Taking Garbage to another level and with loads of possible future singles this album is a must have!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A depature from the first two albums, Beautiful Garbage still delivers the goods. I would call this an experimental Pop album to be more precise. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Sqaure Eyes
I bought this cd as a Christmas present for someone that had this cd before and had lost it the look on her face when she opened it was priceless as she didn't expect it she really... Read morePublished on 7 Jan. 2014 by ALS