on 15 December 2014
While the sound quality of these headphones is very good, what is a real problem here is the lifespan / build. I look after all of my headphones, do not use them at excessive volumes, and unplug them from my phone (rather than stuffing them into my bag / pocket) and usually get around 2 years use from in-ear designs.

These lasted less than 6 weeks before the sound went completely in one ear. despite being treated in exactly the same way. I advise you to look at the other reviews where similar concerns are raised (I did but ignored them as I like to think I treat my headphones better than the average user) they are just too fragile for any use and the whole design needs to be reappraised.
on 20 October 2014
Build quality very poor. Had them for about 6 months but mic started being intermittent and left earpiece has stopped working. Seems from reading these reviews that I'm not alone in have a earpiece go dead.
on 1 June 2015
If I could give 0 stars I would, they are fake and not even remotely the same as the ones in the picture. Broke after a month or so 0 stars out of 5
on 18 March 2014
These earphones have amazing sound quality, but the right one stopped working suddenly after a couple of months, so their quality is very questionable.
on 4 May 2014
It is as expensive as the original but it isn't original ,the box says a different website and even the wire is thicker than in the original and within three weeks of buying them the left side stopped working so I now have an overpriced one-sided headphone ! Very disappointed
on 20 June 2014
Bought these using my Tesco Clubcard vouchers without doing much research. They worked out around £45 so I thought I'd bagged a bargain.

Initial thoughts were positive, they definitely look the part. That's about the only good thing about them.

Now onto the sound quality: The bass is loud but extremely muddy and lacks composition. Try listening to Kanye West's Love Lockdown with them at a high volume and you'll know exactly what I mean. The soundstage is poor, it sounds like music is coming from inside a barrel. Bass and speech are both massively distorted. I did a quick test against my old Denons (which were less than £60 at the time) and there is simply no comparison. It's like comparing a dog to an opera singer! After doing a little more research I found that the Beats are nowhere near audiophile quality and very overpriced for the sound you get. How some people can say these are the best sounding earphones they have ever heard, is beyond me. Without meaning to be rude, they simply don't know any better. For this price there are far superior alternatives by Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Denon, Musical Fidelity, Shure, etc.

Build quality: Although at first they seem solidly built, the right earphone stopped working after less than 4 months. I have to keep fiddling with the cable to make it work and when that happens, I must keep extremely still so not exactly ideal.

In a way I'm glad they broke as it gave me the opportunity to look for a better replacement. After some research I decided on Musical Fidelity EB33 which are the same price but in an entirely different league when it comes to build and sound quality. I would have happily paid double the price, they are that good!

Verdict: I would not waste a penny on Beats earphones. If looks and overpowering horrible bass are all you're interested in, go for them. However, if you appreciate good music and want to hear it as the artist intended, look elsewhere!
on 7 May 2014
Before buying it I read a lot of problem with the right side headphone. I naively thought it will not will not happen to me by. Alas it did and it seems that the right side problem is real. It happened to me three weeks after buying the headphone.
on 23 October 2014
Bought my first pair a year ago and after about 3 months of normal use the right ear piece stopped working. Call it benefit of the doubt or me being an idiot I bought another pair(couldn't get refund from original retailer) and now after about 3 months the right ear piece has stopped working. The sound quality is pretty good but like most people on here have said they are definitely not worth getting and I'd avoid Beats like the plague.
on 30 January 2016
Totally disappointed. Got them for my hubby on our anniversary. Fortunately he gave me the same headphones which he bought from argos so I had it to compare with the these ones. They came in a nice box and the sound was amazing. These ones on the other hand sounded harsh to the ears and poor sound quality. They might be ok with the HTC but don't go well with Samsung Galaxy phones (which we use). Would've been happy spending another £45 to get the same sound as the ones I have. They should specify that in the description.
on 13 April 2014
I encountered a similar problem with the previous buyers, first it began as a small electricity shocks in the left ear, and then left ear stop working completely, It has very bad quality! I Hate it