on 13 April 2009
Bought this book for my father-in-law and he was absolutely delighted with it. He had been searching for some time for information about his brother who served in the 61st Reconnaissance Regiment and who was killed on D-Day. The book was full of personal accounts of the battles which his brother may well have been involved in. His brothers name was actually listed in the back of the book which was an unexpected bonus.
on 11 September 2013
I bought this book to confirm research on my father's role in WW2. I wasn't disappointed! A detailed account of 61 Recce.
on 23 November 2011
I bought this book for my grandfather who was in the regiment. It is probably the best gift I have ever given him - a written history of a regiment which only existed during WWII and so never had an official history written.
Being primarily contributions from old comrades this makes for a much more vivid and characterful read than a historical text would; especially as I am fortunate enough to have one of the subjects on hand to add further details!
A fascinating account of the deeds of remarkable men.