Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 7 July 2014
I bought this DVD primarily to see the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms seeing Them as purely a bonus, and probably not a very good one at that. The bug-eyed creatures pictured on the cover gave me the impression that this was going to be a very second rate 'B' movie. Well what a surprise I got, Them is head and shoulders above the Beast film. I enjoyed Beast from 20,000 fathoms but it was very much put into the shade by Them. I won't explain the plot but the story is well paced and intelligent which is saying a lot as so many 50's sci-fi film's are an insult to the intelligence when seen through present day eyes. The acting is first rate and the special effects are very believable especially when you consider this film was made 60 years ago. Since viewing the film I have looked it up on the internet and it appears Them is widely held up as the supreme example of its genre and time by movie buffs, they are not wrong. What I can’t understand is why I have never come across this excellent film before, seeing as I was born only two years after it was released.
on 30 June 2013
Ordered the DVD which is exactly my type of film
I enjoyed watching a film
And I would use you again thank you very much bye
on 23 March 2015
Awesome! THEM! is a classic of the 1950 nuclear age horror and sci fi genre
VINE VOICEon 24 March 2010

This is an outstanding movie - if only for the great little actress that opens the film. (Sandy Descher) What a stunningly convincing performance she gives!!

Due to the Atomic Radiation as a result of an explosion of a few years earlier, giant Ants emerge to threaten the world.

This is an 'above average' Sci-Fi movie from the 50s with credible responses and reactions from all concerned (given the subject matter) and not overly-played. The picture quality in particular is superb for that period which makes for easy viewing - considering it is in black and white, and all the disadvantages that could have brought.

Entertaining movie.
on 3 January 2015
Son likes stop motion movies so he likes these a lot.