- Explore our full range of fitness gear and clothing in the Fitness Store.
- Also check our best rated Gym Equipment reviews
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Beachbody P90X: Tony Horton's 90-Day Extreme Home Fitness Workout DVD Programme
|Price:||£105.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Get lean, bulk up, or grow stronger, with an endless variety of mix-and-match routines to keep you motivated
- Muscle Confusion technique accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus
- Collection of 12 highly diverse and intense DVD workouts. Personal trainer Tony Horton will keep you engaged every step of the way
- Also includes comprehensive three-phase nutrition plan, specially designed supplement options
- All DVD's are Region ALL format and backed by Beachbody Customer Support Guarantee, any problems contact us direct!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Tired of ineffective workouts that sound great but produce less-than-optimal results? Turn to the P90X Extreme Home Fitness system, a bundle of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. Hosted by personal trainer Tony Horton, the series of DVDs will help you get lean, bulk up, or grow stronger, with an endless variety of mix-and-match routines to keep you motivated. The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "muscle confusion," which accelerates the fitness process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so that your body never plateaus and you never get bored. The more you confuse the muscle, the harder your body has to work to keep up. And the more variety you put into your workout, the better and faster your results will be. By breaking old routines and opening new doors, secondary and tertiary muscles are constantly being activated and developed.
The DVD Workouts
Each of the 12 highly diverse and intense DVD workouts focuses on either a specific set of muscle groups or a unique training technique.
- Workout One: Chest & Back. This superset chest-and-back-blasting workout emphasises two classic upper-body exercises--push-ups and pull-ups--to build strength and develop shape. The combination of these two push and pull movements will help you burn loads of calories while simultaneously attacking, strengthening, and developing multiple muscle groups.
- Workout Two: Plyometrics. Get ready to go airborne. Offering more 30 explosive jumping moves, this intense cardio routine will keep you in the air most of the time. Plyometrics, also known as jump training, has been proven to dramatically improve athletic performance. If your sport involves a ring, rink, field, court, or track, this training will give you the edge. Just be prepared to "bring it" for a full hour when you leap into this workout, because there is no letting up.
- Workout Three: Shoulders & Arms. Nothing rounds out the perfect physique like a pair of well-defined arms and shoulders, and with its potent combination of pressing, curling, and fly movements, this routine will leave you feeling stronger and looking sexier. Whether you want to build muscle mass or just slim and tighten what you've already got, these targeted shoulder and arm exercises will give you the results you want.
- Workout Four: Yoga X. Yoga is a vital part of any fitness regimen, and is an absolute must for an extreme programme like P90X. This routine combines strength, balance, coordination, flexibility, and breath work to enhance your physique and calm your mind. Yoga X will leave you feeling energised, invigorated, and maybe even a little enlightened.
- Workout Five: Legs & Back. Get ready to squat, lunge, and pull for a total-body workout like no other. While the main focus of this workout lies in strengthening and developing the leg muscles (quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves), there are also a handful of great pull-up exercises to give your legs a quick breather while you work the upper body.
- Workout Six: Kenpo X. Kenpo X was created to give P90X users a high-intensity cardiovascular workout packed with lots of punching and kicking combinations to improve balance, endurance, flexibility, and coordination. During this workout you'll learn some of the most effective ways to defend yourself, while at the same time getting your body in peak condition.
- Workout Seven: X Stretch. Stretching is the one thing that will help you achieve a higher level of athleticism over a longer period of time. The X Stretch routine is an integral part of the programme, as it helps prevent injuries and avoid plateaus. The extensive full-body stretches that make up this routine use disciplines from Kenpo karate, hatha yoga, and various sports to ensure that your body is fully prepared to meet all P90X challenges head-on.
- Workout Eight: Core Synergistics. Each and every exercise in the Core Synergistics workout recruits multiple muscle groups to build and support the core (lumbar spine and trunk muscles), while at the same time conditioning your body from head to toe. Loaded with a variety of fun, unique, and challenging exercises, this routine will get you moving in all directions to maximise your P90X results.
- Workout Nine: Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. Packed with an array of moves that target both large and small muscles, this workout will do wonders for your upper body. In just one full sequence you'll get a healthy dose of presses, flys, and extensions to push you to the brink. The results will be a stronger, leaner, and highly defined upper torso that will leave you looking awesome, with or without a shirt.
- Workout 10: Back & Biceps. With a host of curls and pull-ups, this routine will make it fun to flex those powerful biceps. But don't worry, ladies--by using lighter weight, you can focus on toning and tightening these showcase arm muscles without adding the size that most guys covet. Additionally, this workout also provides some great back definition that everyone can appreciate. Regardless of your goals, you will achieve them in dramatic fashion if you dig in and max out your reps.
- Workout 11: Cardio X. This low-impact cardio routine can be used in a variety of ways to meet your P90X goals. Use it in addition to your standard P90X workload when you want to burn some extra calories, or as a substitute if your body needs a break from the programme's high-impact workouts. Whatever your reason for using Cardio X, you'll find it a fun, full-throttle, fat-burning workout that will leave you feeling lean and mean.
- Workout 12: Ab Ripper X. The combination and sequence of movements in this unique workout taps into not only abdominal strength, but true core strength as well. Master these 11 highly effective exercises and you will achieve vital abdominal muscle strength to benefit your overall health and physical performance. You'll also develop that highly coveted six-pack as you take Ab Ripper X to full throttle. It's extreme work that's better than any machine in any club.
P90X Fitness Guide
This is your road map and your plan of attack for using P90X. Learn guidelines for getting started and essential tips for how to make the most of the programme. The fitness guide provides you tips to reduce your chance of injury; a fit test; recommended supplements and equipment; detailed instructions for stretching, warming up, and performing exercises; and guidelines to help you select which P90X phase to complete, whether Classic, Doubles, or Lean.
The Nutrition Plan
Following the P90X nutrition plan is just as vital to your overall success as any of the extreme workouts in this programme. Specifically designed to work in tandem with the P90X workout routines, this three-phase eating plan recommends the perfect combination of foods to satisfy your body's energy needs every step of the way. P90X is not about quick fixes or miracle diets. It's about selecting the healthy foods that you want to eat, and determining the portion amounts that will provide your body with the right amount of fuel to excel during exercise. The P90X nutrition plan offers three phases. Phase 1 is the Fat Shredder, a high-protein-based diet designed to help you strengthen your muscles while simultaneously and rapidly shedding fat from your body. Phase 2 is the Energy Booster, a balanced mix of carbohydrates and proteins with a lower amount of fat to achieve additional energy for performance. And Phase 3 is the Endurance Maximiser, an athletic diet of complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and lower fat, with the emphasis on more carbohydrates. You'll need this combination of foods as fuel to get the most out of your final few weeks and truly be in the best shape of your life.
Tools to Keep You Motivated
- P90X Calendar to set your workout goals, track your progress, and stay motivated.
- Free Online Support Tools for access to fitness experts, peer support, and motivation.
What's in the Box?
12 DVD workouts, nutrition plan, fitness guide How to Bring It DVD, a calendar to track your progress
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
On opening the pack you are overwhelmed with information, logging charts and various different options of the p90x programme. I started the programme and completed the 90day workout, all I can say is WOW this works and works well, over the 90 days I lost 19lbs, I was stronger and I looked the best I have ever done.
If your into home fitness and do t want to go to the Gym with the grunters and bench hoggers this is for you!
if you want to get ripped, veins pumping, the healthiest that you have ever been, do this program
just follow it by the book!!!! no shortcuts simple as
you need to motivate yourself to keep pressing play, and you feel totally buzzed after you are finished!
This assumes some small amount of fitness - not a lot, but if you are obese, or sweat while you eat - you may struggle with this.
If you are new to fitness - this will hurt. The 1st week was a total killer, and the workouts do exactly that, they WORK you! But Tony Horton advocates "modify if you need to!" - you do not have to keep up with these guys, just do the best you can - something is better than nothing.
I still struggle on the pull-ups and chin-ups to produce anything over 1 or 2.
This DVD does require you to get other equipment - nothing that will break the bank, but you will need them to work out -
Mainly a pull-up bar and dumb bell weights.
They use other things like resistance bands (which may be substituted for the pull up bar and some of the weights) yoga mats, yoga blocks, heart moniter, push up bar etc etc -
I only have the weights and bar, and it is so far seeing me fine.
The one other thing I would add - I think diet with this programme is a big thing, and would certainly recommend trying to make sure you eat healthy.
quite simply -
If you want results and change - and you can make yourself dedicate 1 hour a day - this will get you those results.
It's a whole new way of looking at workouts; home workouts not for students, or for middle age, or just for women or for men. No, this workout system is for everyone and it's extreme. If you give 100% you'll get 100% back.
First thing first.....yes, it's geared towards Americans as, heck, an American guy invented it! Tony Horton is the man and you'll come to appreciate him as you go through the series....
And, I see some people have moaned about the 'How To Bring It!' disc is region 1, whilst the rest is region 2. Oh, come ON people! In this day and age of computers and multi-region DVD players, chipping and hacking codes - just check out the Internet for the latter - there's a way to get around this! Stop moaning and START DOING!!!
The system comes with a plethora of books and information.
The workout book? Man, BB have never made anything like this since! It's so comprehensive and I would recommend in reading it cover to cover as there's lots of advice and underpinning support for the system. You'll find out ways to measure just how fit you are currently and a breakdown of each of the discs and how to do each move...
....and you get a broad ranging diet advice book with cool recipes...
The plans? There's 3 of them. You decide on which one to follow, that's how versatile it all is. There's 'Classic' for regular muscular definition yet athletic style. There's 'Lean' which mixes into it more cardio, and there's 'Doubles' which doubles up the workouts, 2 per day, over the course of the 90 days. So, something for everyone here.
So....equipment? You should be able to get away with a series of changeable dumbbells, a pull-up bar, an exercise mat and a chair. For pull-up bar and dumbbells you could substitute a series of resistance bands....weights will be from about 5lb to 70lb, but don't think you need all this lot in one go! You will be getting stronger through each part of the programme and eventually get to the heavier weights at the end.
Parts? Well, Tony calls then Phases - Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3. Each Phase is about 3 weeks long and then has a Transitional week, or Recovery week.
The concept behind the Phases is what Tony calls 'Muscle Confusion'; when the muscle tries new stimulation it struggles before it begins to adapt, thus becoming bigger and stronger. There's usually a window of time, between 4-6 weeks where the muscles get the optimum benefit of this before the body gets use to this.
Keep the body guessing and you'll be in the position to get as much muscle as is possible.....
Don't think this is going to get you bodybuilder huge; the whole idea is about functionable fitness, not muscles huge just for the sake of it.
Oh, now is probably the time to make mention that within each of the workout plans there are set levels of reps that Tony will have you doing. To look at size, he'll look at 8-10 reps of a weight, to develop more leanness he'll emphasise 12-15 reps. Now this is how much actual weight you CAN lift to do those level of reps. Fine and dandy doing very light weights that you could lift forever, but you won't get the benefit unless you follow that golden rule...
It's a comprehensive schedule; you'll be working all your muscle groups - Full Shoulders, Traps, Upper Back, Middle Back, Chest, Core, Bi's, Tri's, Glutes, Thighs and Calves - with both weights and body weight, as well as cardio and stretch. It's not all hard work though, Tony throws in 'X Stretch', 'Yoga X' and 'Kempo X' as the fun stuff....
Oh, and I've not even mentioned THE legend that is 'Abs Ripper X' ! Does what it says on the tin...
Pluses? There's millions of them! If you desire to chop down body fat, you'll get that here. If you desire to just tone up, absolutely this'll do the job and then some. If you want to gain muscle then, again, it'll certainly do that!
For myself, I gained 14lbs in weight - 1 stone - and lowered my body fat from 11% to just 9% in 90 days....
The minuses? Well, for some it will be the time length of the workouts, between 50-60 mins average but with the Yoga workout lasting a full 90 minutes. Then there's the equipment - various weights, pull up bar, exercise mat - issues. But, you don't need to buy ALL you weights in one fell swoop, as I mentioned at the top of this review...
For me, the issue was that it felt like 2 weeks too long; I really had to force myself to do the last two weeks. Now, wether that was down to the length of the entire programme or the repetitive nature of some of the workouts...I'm not sure.
But...on the whole? There's a reason why it's the Number 1 Home Workout System. Great value for money. Great advice. Great structure to the workouts. I'm glad I bought it and use it.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Returned DVDs and refund was issued promptly.Read more