- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Ultimate Edition (Xbox 360)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Ultimate Edition
NOTE: All additional content expired On December 31, 2011.
The March 2010 smash hit Battlefield: Bad Company 2 now comes in an Ultimate Edition. Experience the game that New York Times calls “a better game than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2” and the best-selling March release on record, now with even more explosive content. The Ultimate Edition includes Battlefield 1943 and Onslaught co-op mode, as well as the early-access unlocks from the Limited Edition. The package also includes a VIP code granting access to a multitude of downloadable map packs.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 brings the spectacular Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of next-gen consoles. Tactical destruction is taken to new heights with the updated DICE ‘Frostbite™’ engine. Players can now take down entire buildings or create their own fire points by blasting holes through cover, thereby delivering a unique experience in every match.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on console features best-in-class vehicular combat, set across huge sandbox maps, for up to 24 players. Players can also compete in 4-player teams in two exclusive squad-only game modes, fighting together to unlock exclusive team awards and achievements. The Onslaught mode expands the offering with a competitive 4-player co-op mode.
Excellence in the battlefield is rewarded with an extensive range of pins, insignias and stars to unlock along with 50 dedicated ranks to achieve.
All of these features combine to deliver spectacular and unpredictable action moments found nowhere else in the genre. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is all-out multiplayer warfare at its absolute finest, and the Ultimate Edition just made it even finer!
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Key Features
* All-out-warfare multiplayer. Experience the signature Battlefield multiplayer across a variety of huge open maps, each with a different tactical and gameplay focus and set across many different environments
* Vehicles! 15 land, sea and air vehicles are included, each with a tactical advantage during play. Race into action with the ATV or rain death from above in the UH-60 transport helicopter with its 2 side-mounted rail guns. The choice is yours.
* All-new squad gameplay. Team up with 3 other players and fight together to unlock special awards and achievements in the two squad-specific game modes Squad Rush and Squad Deathmatch.
* Destruction 2.0. Take down entire buildings, create vantage points in cover or blow it up entirely! In Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 there is no place to hide!
* Additional downloadable VIP maps – Prolong your experience with 10+ new maps by entering the included VIP code and downloading the extra content.
Ultimate Edition Specific Features
* Battlefield 1943 —the Ultimate Edition includes the award-winning and best-selling downloadable game Battlefield 1943TM. Enjoy the thrill of a fully featured WW2 online shooter with the unique Battlefield sandbox experience.
* Onslaught mode — play 4-player co-op in this expansion that challenges elite squads to get to the top of the Onslaught-specific leaderboards, and serves as an introduction to multiplayer for those new to the battlefield.
* Limited Edition unlocks — get immediate access to four vehicle related unlocks and two weapon unlocks from day 1, a bonus originally included in the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
For many years, I was the biggest Call of Duty fan. However, so many of my friends recommended Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that I thought I'd give it a fair shot and I'm so glad I did. Whilst the single player campaign is not up to Modern Warfare 2's standard, the online multiplayer stands head and shoulders above the competition and, though I might be jumping the gun, here, I really haven't seen anything in Call of Duty: Black Ops that looks like it'll change that.
There are essentially four facets that determine why BC2 is better than the competition:
1. Vehicles - different kinds of tanks, jeeps, quad bikes and helicopters.
2. Huge maps - many times the size of CoD's biggest maps.
3. Destructible environments - annoyed with the camping sniper with the silly, incorrectly spelt gamertag? No need to counter-snipe, simply blow the wall away that s/he is hiding behind!
4. Team-based play - though you can play as CoD's lone wolf if you desire, to get the most out of BC2 requires that you insert yourself into a squad and work together to achieve objectives.
These four interlinked areas make BC2 the best online shooter there currently is. Instead of running around like a headless chicken because the opposition could spawn anywhere on the map, the game mode Rush divides the 12v12 players into attackers and defenders. Levelling-up is achieved not only through kills but also helping your squad and accomplishing goals.Read more ›
SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN
BC2 offers an incredibly fun campaign and it is far more detailed and entertaining than the first. The storyline is also well thought out and the missions you do are action packed and it throws you into all sorts of combat. For example you could attack on foot, man the tank turret, man a UAV etc. The presentation is fantastic as usual and the gameplay overall is brilliant.
This aspect is where BC2 really shines. It's the first game that has actually forced teams to think and act as a squad and this has managed to eradicate players who disregard objectives and purely run and gun to rack up kills. The destructible environments also eliminates any players who, "camp", in positions where they can rack up kills without effort or skill. Both these aspects along with the smooth online matches make the multiplayer of BC2 a much more entertaining experience. Modern Warfare 2 has some better features such as more guns and better online interface, but these are minor aspects of the Multiplayer experience and BC2's multiplayer is superior to MW2 in my opinion. Finally the online community of BC2 is generally more friendly as well, whereas in MW2 you'd almost always get a couple of gamers who continuously curse and offend other players.
Other Aspects of BC2
In the Ultimate edition, onslaught mode is included which is very enjoyable to play locally. Also Battlefield 1943 is included, which in itself is a fantastic game. And Finally the BC2 ultimate edition comes with a code to download all the current map packs. There are 6 map packs currently and overall the Ultimate edition is a great buy and worth every penny.
It would only be better if Vietnam was included :P
I dont'have much time right now to write a long review, but I just want to say this: If you can buy the first one, play the campaign and multilayer for a while. Then buy this one!
Fast realiable trader.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I requested Battlefield Bad Company - Ultimate Edition (XBOX 360), but PC version was delivered. I returned the item to games-wizard on 26 October 2013, but am still waiting for a... Read morePublished on 19 Nov. 2013 by john harrison