Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.26 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Battlefield: Bad Company - Platinum (PS3)
- The game also features a full suite of the series trademark multiplayer gameplay, supporting 24 players online
- Cinematic single-player experience: A deep campaign loaded with attitude follows a wayward band of ordinary soldiers who risk it all on a quest for personal gain
- War, your way: Battlefield: Bad Company environments are 90 percent destructible, meaning that any structure can be demolished down to its foundation. Gamers can shape the battlefield to match their play style - the possibilities are literally endless
- New vehicles, weapons and toys: Land, air or sea, dozens of new tools are waiting for explosive experimentation. Battlefield: Bad Company gives gamers the building blocks to get creative and usher in a new era.
- The Battlefield: Bad Company cinematic single-player experience captures the freedom and intensity of the series legendary multiplayer sandbox gameplay in a dynamic world where nearly everything is destructible. Gamers have total freedom to be daring and innovative, adapting to and tackling challenges in unexpected "Battlefield-style" ways. Create sniping positions by blowing out a piece of a wall or drive your tank straight through a small house. The ever-changing battlefield forces players, their teammates and enemies to react accordingly
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Platinum Edition
Set in the near future, the Battlefield: Bad Company single-player campaign drops gamers into a dramatic Eurasian conflict. As part of a squad of four soldiers, players risk it all to go AWOL on a personal quest, fighting their own war within the war. Featuring a dramatic storyline flavoured with attitude, Battlefield: Bad Company leads gamers far from the traditional frontlines on a wild ride with a group of renegade soldiers who decide that sometimes the gratitude of a nation just isn't enough.
1 x Game Disc
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Having bought the full game over a year ago, and still playing now, I feel I must write a review.
Basically, its just great fun! I appreciate and have played all of the CoD series, including the new one, but I think it says a lot that I have got bored of MW2 already, and have continued playing this again.
The ability to destroy buildings, use tanks, helicopters, armoured cars, boats etc all add to the fun, and it is completely balanced because there are ways and means of bringing down a tank on your own.
The maps are a lot bigger than on CoD, so if you prefer more of a battlefield type feel, then this will be for you (as the name suggests!).
To conclude, if you like a bit of fun without the hardcore seriousness of CoD then I really do recommend this title. And at this new low price, you just can't go wrong. Sure, the graphics may not be as sharp as the new titles, but the playability more than makes up for it!
Bring on Battlefield Bad Company 2 I say :)
You are a member of a four man squad of drop outs sent out on a seemingly suicide mission. You have an alteriour motive to snaffle a cache of gold and the two story threads inter-twine as you play out the game. Good story, entertaining characters and great dialogue result in an entertaining shooter.
This game has the best destructable environments i've seen. I shot every red barrel, tank and box for the sheer fun of it. Interestingly, instead of recoverable health, you get a syringe that you administer when you want to top up health. Believe me, it comes in handy. Weapons are 'collectors items' but you need to search about to keep ammo topped up. You can also drive vehicles.
The graphics are good, not great and the score does a decent job of creating a bit of tension at times without getting on your nerves. The controls are cumbersome but you do get used to the quirks and the game auto saves frequently at logical points.
Spread over eight large levels with multiple objectives, BBC is a highly entertaining game. It is easy to see why the sequel is popular. The multiplayer is also good fun.
This game is well worth your cash and No 2 is on my most wanted list.
And so finally it hit the PS3 and that's when I realised that it's really meant for the on-line aspect of it's appeal, the single player story mode is a bit feable...playable but not outstanding.
The missions are very short so it feels like there's a cut-scene every 5 minutes. The enemy A.I. isn't great either, which is probably why you only really feel challenged on the on-line multiplayer mode.
The arenas the missions are set in are also quite small, and you're not allowed to wander off out of these. They are well rendered though, with very little or no pop-up, nothing too discernable anyway.
The selection of weapons is very good, but you're limited to carrying only 1 at a time...i don't mind realism but i miss not being able to carry a proper arsenal around ;)
So basically, Battlefied: Bad Co. is mainly geared for on-line gameplay, as the standard mode isn't inspiring at all.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews