Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 DVD Region 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Feb 2013, 18:10:17 GMT
P. Haywood says:
There are a few reports on the internet that DC Animated films that are region 1 are actually region free and play on region 2 players.I was wondering if anyone can confirm this as I'm after Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 which is only available on region 1

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2013, 20:57:41 GMT
P. Stark says:
NOPE! No longer the case. WHV DVDs were never REGION FREE but for a time did include Region 2.

I just found your post at Part 2. The coding is the same on it, so no joy I'm afraid.

Please see end of post for more details

I just checked my discs for you.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 & 2 on DVD are not coded for Region 2 UK machines.

NTSC 'Region 1' DVDs from WHV are as of 2012 coded for domestic DVD Regions 1, 3 & 4.

The BD for Batman should be fine (A, B, C) but I have no way of checking that as my collection is DVD only.

Chears.

90% of WHV USA/Canada DVDs use the following rule if you know the ORIGINAL release date of the SPECIFIC EDITION you seek:
1997-2001 Region 1 Only.
2002-2011 Regions 1, 2, 3 & 4 (with a few new releases being exceptions to the rule - not many).
2012-Onwards Regions 1, 3 & 4
Warner Archive Manufacture On Demand titles are Region Free.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  3 Feb 2013
Latest post:  6 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about