- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year (Xbox 360)
- Batman: Arkham City game
- Harley Quinns Revenge
- Arkham City Skins Pack
- Challenge Map Pack
- Catwoman Pack
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard
Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security "home" for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds.
Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition is the follow-up to the award-winning hit video game Batman: Arkham Asylum and delivers an authentic and gritty Batman experience, with additional Harley Quinn's Revenge bonus content.
- Become the Dark Knight: Batman: Arkham City delivers a genuinely authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level: high-impact street brawls, nail-biting stealth, multifaceted forensic investigation, epic super-villain encounters and unexpected glimpses into Batman's tortured psychology.
- Advanced FreeFlow combat: Batman faces highly coordinated, simultaneous attacks from every direction as Arkham's gangs bring heavy weapons and all-new AI to the fight, but Batman steps it up with twice the number of combat animations and double the range of attacks, counters and takedowns.
- New gadgets: Batman has access to new gadgets such as the Cryptographic Sequencer V2 and Smoke Pellets, as well as new functionality for existing gadgets that expand the range of Batman's abilities without adding extra weight to his Utility Belt.
- New story: Five-time Emmy-Award-winner Paul Dini returns to pen a brand-new story for Batman: Arkham City, taking gamers deep inside the diseased heart of Gotham.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This game moves on and improves the original in almost every department. Bigger. More enemies. More bosses. More moves.
This time you have an open world so can choose the order you clear areas in. The difficulty is pretty standard, enemies get tougher as you upgrade but are still fairly easy once you know how to beat them.
The only area they could prove on is the guidance. Sometimes you're not quite sure how to get to where you need to go. If you can overlook this part.
Simple but rewarding combat system.
Accessible and playable.
Lots of bonus content and side quests.
Quirky and interesting cameo appearances from other Gotham alumni.
Will keep you busy for ages.
This game has you as Batman for the majority of the time with brief excursions as Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing. While these characters are not available for all the campaign their appearance does add a little something extra. The quantity and variety of supervillains is great. Their individual back stories are provided by unlockable content as they are encountered. The campaign itself moves along at as brisk a pace as you like as the whole of Arkham City is more or less available to explore from the outset. Side missions can be tricky and provide further depth to the unfolding main story. The combat is fluid and movement slick. The voice acting is great and the animations flow.
Once the campaign is complete there is a further story to complete and a large amount of challenges that provide many more hours of gameplay if you just didn't get enough in the main story.
I loved this and my natural Pokemon tendency (gotta catch 'em all) was appeased by the large amount of collectables on offer. It makes you feel like Batman, which is awesome.
The story especially, is much more serious than Arkham Asylum, which was a typical comic-book story: this one features themes and twists up to par to a blockbuster movie. Combat was tweaked in the right direction.
In addition to this, the game is expansive, giving the player many many hours of gameplay... which are even expanded upon in the GOTY edition.
Any Batman fan should own this, but to those who aren't, you will probably become a fan after playing this.
This game is almost perfect and i would buy it game many times over ,it provides hours of enjoyment ,even if you are not a batman fan ,which i am not
Batman is so polished and fun to play i have brought this game for pc also and enjoy beating up badguy and swinging though arkham ,i wish that they would have included the batmobile ,that is why i have taken a star but this game is enjoyable and has replay also..
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
A really good deal. Not much more to say. It's batman! Come on.