- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year (Xbox 360)
|Price:||£14.50 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 15 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 15. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 15 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard
Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security "home" for all of Gotham City's thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds.
Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition is the follow-up to the award-winning hit video game Batman: Arkham Asylum and delivers an authentic and gritty Batman experience, with additional Harley Quinn's Revenge bonus content.
- Become the Dark Knight: Batman: Arkham City delivers a genuinely authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level: high-impact street brawls, nail-biting stealth, multifaceted forensic investigation, epic super-villain encounters and unexpected glimpses into Batman's tortured psychology.
- Advanced FreeFlow combat: Batman faces highly coordinated, simultaneous attacks from every direction as Arkham's gangs bring heavy weapons and all-new AI to the fight, but Batman steps it up with twice the number of combat animations and double the range of attacks, counters and takedowns.
- New gadgets: Batman has access to new gadgets such as the Cryptographic Sequencer V2 and Smoke Pellets, as well as new functionality for existing gadgets that expand the range of Batman's abilities without adding extra weight to his Utility Belt.
- New story: Five-time Emmy-Award-winner Paul Dini returns to pen a brand-new story for Batman: Arkham City, taking gamers deep inside the diseased heart of Gotham.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Simple but rewarding combat system.
Accessible and playable.
Lots of bonus content and side quests.
Quirky and interesting cameo appearances from other Gotham alumni.
Will keep you busy for ages.
You play as the Dark Knight, in a third-person adventure – involving lots of action (fighting) as well as strategy, detective work and puzzle solving. For this game, part of Gotham City has been sectioned off behind fortified walls, serving as a huge prison to house all sorts of criminals and other undesirables – and it’s here, in what’s known as Arkham City, that you must work out what’s going on, figure out who’s behind it, and stop them from completing their evil plans.
This is a vastly expanded world to play in, and there are lots of enemies to fight ... from Bane to Poison Ivy, from Mr Freeze to the Penguin. The 'big' villains are the Joker (with Harley Quinn), Hugo Strange, and Ra's al Ghul. And, throughout the game, there's lots of puzzles to solve and death traps to survive as created by the Riddler. Arkham City is an open world environment, and you have total control over Batman – who is able to demonstrate amazing free-flow combat, as well as an arsenal of gadgets.
It's a game involving fantastic graphics, a great soundtrack, wonderful voice acting, and an interesting story (written by Paul Dini). It is rather more diffuse as a plot as compared to the earlier 'Asylum', but the world in this game is far more immense and allows for multiple stories to be developed. If you enjoyed ‘Arkham Asylum’ (or any of the other games in this series), you’ll like this one.
This is the 'Game of the Year' edition - which comes with many extras: Harley Quinn's Revenge, Arkham City Skins Pack, Challenge Map Pack, Catwoman Pack, Nightwing Pack, and the Robin Pack.
I thoroughly recommend this game.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
A really good deal. Not much more to say. It's batman! Come on.